Emre

Distinction Between Ego And You

5 posts in this topic

A LOT of people that are on a spiritual path they all make this distinction between ego and them. Ego and Me. They see jealousy arising they say 'My ego blahblah' they see something great happening 'Bro that's the real me'

For those who share their insights about ego, who is it that shares these insights? Who is it that says that's me recognizing the ego? It is ego. In fact more egos are created and the ego game became like an onion. At the end of the day the 'me' that thinks of this miserable 'ego' says 'Gosh, finally I am free of ego' Free my ass. YOU are the ego but you split it so that even a lil bit of you reamins. So that you will not die completely. 

Edited by Emre

10 hours ago, Emre said:

A LOT of people that are on a spiritual path they all make this distinction between ego and them. Ego and Me. They see jealousy arising they say 'My ego blahblah' they see something great happening 'Bro that's the real me'

For those who share their insights about ego, who is it that shares these insights? Who is it that says that's me recognizing the ego? It is ego. In fact more egos are created and the ego game became like an onion. At the end of the day the 'me' that thinks of this miserable 'ego' says 'Gosh, finally I am free of ego' Free my ass. YOU are the ego but you split it so that even a lil bit of you reamins. So that you will not die completely. 

it's part of the ego defence mechanism. It wants you to think you got rid of it whilst it's still there. 

But, paradoxically, the ego does not exist at all! It's an illusion.

This is a great topic to contemplate on. You could get some earth-shattering insights.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Actually there is no such thing as ego at all... People have been trapped in this idea for a long time now. Trying to fight, kill, conquer, silence "it".

There is no seperation between the you and "the ego". We are really complex beings and the ego is not something seperate but is like a quality of our pyschology.

I think Leo once drew a circle somewhere with ego and non-ego as opposites. The whole circle is you and these characteristic on this circle define each other, duality of things.

The ego only 'exist' in terms of constrast in the duality, but not in non-duality (which is the true nature without labels).

See to clear it up all these labels on the circle that describe certain qualities fade gradual into each other, define each other and are what they are because of their opposites. You are the whole spectrum, the labels are not discrete, not seperated, not absolute, but relative, to who you are.

I also think that naming something the ego and attributing all kinds of bad qualities of oneself makes it easy to distance yourself from it and say it's not yours. Just 'kill it', which you cannot, but works like a illusory self-defense mechanism or some sort of relieve.

Anyways, labels will be labels. The end.

On 01/09/2017 at 9:05 AM, Emre said:

Almost sounds like what Voldemort did :o

Ego is who we think we are, memory. Past doesn't exist, therefore we can't be what we think we are, because that already becomes past.

Any happening is not now, any event is already memory. 

Edited by Dodo

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

Thank you, all for your answers. 

Somethings are clearing up, that's for sure.