Viking

Is Being In The Present Moment results from Practice Only?

7 posts in this topic

does enlightenment affect one's "presentness"?

they usually go hand in hand but is that case necessary?

@Ilya the whole "be in the now" is kind of an outdated new-age hoax. (Sorry Tolle).

Everything is now. Future is now, past is now, pain is now, happiness is now, thoughts are now.

What is worth cultivating is mindfulness, and awareness. Noticing your thoughts and realizing the distinction between sensorry world and mental world, and then ask the question:

What is all of this happening in? What is the container of all form? What is changeless in contrast of changing?

"presentness" is the ability to detach from the relative world.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

@Martin123 yes, what i meant was mindfulness.

what do you mean by realizing the distinction between sensory and mental worlds? arent they all the same in the field of awareness?

@Ilya sensory world, your body sensations and mental world, images, thoughts, mental voices.

and all of this contained within... what?

@Martin123 wew, thank you man, your previous comment triggered thought that made me break through something i've been stuck on for a while :)

@Ilya Pleasure my friend :-) 
May you be triggered beyond your structures so it starts an endless expansion into the existence of bliss and harmony :-) 

@Ilya Know what you are not, and know that You are. What more do you need to know and can you know more?

What are you not? All That is temporary in nature. Physical objects (such as body), mind and intellect (mental shapes) are temporary thus empty, depending upon circumstances and Cannot desire.

Therefore is not You, of you, or of them. It Cannot desire thus differs from your nature.

Know that You are.

You can desire and thus experience suffering. Therefore, Your nature is indestructable because it is fully aware That needs no and has no cause.

According to the Bhagavad Gita there was no time you and I were not. The soul just goes from one to another body like You move through childhood and adulthood remaining the same Awareness.

I adviced you previously to start Reading about the science of self-realization, please do so.

Swami prabhupada has written much about it.

Ahayah Ashar Ahayah Ilia.

Chant and be free!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOBDIoLi3C4 Ahayah Ashar Ahayah, chant and be free!