Paan

Scared Of The Dark

6 posts in this topic

All my life ive been terrified of the dark, if im home alone in the apartmant I have to have lights on. For example when my girlfriend who works as a nurse works night shift I cant sleep alone in our bedroom. I lay on the couch in the livingroom with the tv and some light on.

I dont know how to fix this. Ive tried to face my fear by not having lights on but It hasnt worked at all.

I might say this is my biggest fear.

Observe the fear. Detach yourself from it, if just for a couple seconds. See what mental movement causes the feelings you feel. You are not your fear... All I can say is face the fear with the intention of simply looking at it straight in the eye and giving it some love by simply acknowledging its presence. It's not dark that you fear, but the reactions it seems to cause you.

In darkness everything is unknown. Beyond you there is a different kind of darkness that holds everything else.

Don't be scared. It's who you are. 

On 8/26/2017 at 5:01 AM, Paan said:

All my life ive been terrified of the dark, if im home alone in the apartmant I have to have lights on. For example when my girlfriend who works as a nurse works night shift I cant sleep alone in our bedroom. I lay on the couch in the livingroom with the tv and some light on.

I dont know how to fix this. Ive tried to face my fear by not having lights on but It hasnt worked at all.

I might say this is my biggest fear.

Watch Leo's Video about past... fear is illusion.. if you ever done a meditation you will recognize that thoughts will comes out w/o you who make it... your fear of the dark is a thought you believe that is you.. 

You don't have to fix it there it is a delusion you don't have do anything for you to be okay is to wake up .. see that is not true.. and experience it.. and any fear in your life it will affect you but fear will not cling to you as a person anymore... it becomes a distinction ohh that is a thought..