MattP

Long Fall

6 posts in this topic

I know I am not alone in the experience I will describe next. The experience has to do with the relationship of age and how fast time goes by. 

Why is it that with every year I grow older, time goes by faster? It is like a long fall. The fall starts slowly, but the longer you fall, the faster your descent.

Is there a terminal velocity to be reached at some age? Or do the years just keep going by faster, and faster until death.

If anyone knows how to halt, or reverse this process, I am all ears.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

It is like a long fall.

@MattP Eventually it all collapses into a singularity beyond time.

The only solution I know of is to bust your butt really hard and get the work done that needs to be done.  I've found time starts going by faster and fast as I get older, and I don't anticipate this changing anytime soon.

3 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

/selfThe only solution I know of is to bust your butt really hard and get the work done that needs to be done.  I've found time starts going by faster and fast as I get older, and I don't anticipate this changing anytime soon.

There is no real solution for the ego/self as it exists within time. What you are suggesting is hiding an imaginary head in the sand by keeping it preoccupied.

@MattP  you might find relief studying relativity, specifically the two clocks experiment, in the sense you may  see that time is completely relative, and you are completely absolute.  I think of it like watching a movie,  two hours is good enough.   A lifetime as one person is good enough for me.  I have a lot I want to do.   

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@cetus56 I've been chewing on your response for a while. Not sure if I have the capacity to fully understand.

What I did take away is: 

Time is not really going slow or fast, it just is.

I need to stop falling "to" something, and fall "through" something.

Can I really understand singularity in this life?

Furthermore, is this life "this life?" Or is it just an illusion?

I'm confused. What are we supposed to do? In religion, we worship God, or Gods. Religious people can reach an enlightened state, and think they have it all figured out. Is "singularity" a form of religion? What is it? Is it just a belief? Like I said earlier, I do not consider myself to be enightened yet, but I have an obsession to know the real truth. How can we ever really know? Does it just hit you like a ton of bricks one day?

Anyway, I have many hours of contemplating to do. Seeking the truth is a life long journey. 

I was really just hoping there was something I could do "short term" to give me the illusion that time is not going by faster each year. Maybe it's not that easy. 

Thank you very much for your response. It instigated some deep thought process for me. And I am still thinking. Anything else you can offer would be much appreciated.