Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HypSandar

How Do I Change My Default Settings?

7 posts in this topic

One of the real challenges we have is that when our will power is low we tent to fall back on our default settings.

In my case, its being lazy; playing video games and watching movies. This usually happens after 3-6 pm, when i'm back from work or done with my errands.  I plan to be productive, every time i create a detailed map in my head but when i'm back home i'm tired & i play video games/watch movies or read a fantasy book (Mostly video games). I can't wrap my head around watching an hour video from Leo or reading a self development book.

But what if my default settings is being productive?  Though i imagine i would have to become a workaholic machine, its possibly however the only thing that i'm unaware how to do is move that tree from my road. How do i begin, how do i start being productive with my default settings as they are now in order to change that. 

It's not enought to make a plan in your head. Commit to writing it all down! If it is not written down, it doesn't matter.

Your current default setting is not being productive, it's playing games, watching movies and relaxing after work. Become aware of this and then you can change.

If you have problems with watching movies and playing video games consider buying a software for program restriction and website blocking. I use qustudio and cold turkey.

Well, the thing is i do write it down in an app a few times, i wouldn't be posting this if i wasn't aware that i'm not productive. 

The thing is, i used to block sites and programs and modify my system to help me out but once my willpower is at its bottom i just convince myself why its okay to remove the apps and stimulate. This is like a drug for me, most of my life i spent time playing video games.

I see. What is your nutrition like? Do you exercise?

1 hour ago, HypSandar said:

Well, the thing is i do write it down in an app a few times, i wouldn't be posting this if i wasn't aware that i'm not productive. 

The thing is, i used to block sites and programs and modify my system to help me out but once my willpower is at its bottom i just convince myself why its okay to remove the apps and stimulate. This is like a drug for me, most of my life i spent time playing video games.

Same here with the video games brother. I think we need to provide very good reasons for "doing what's difficult" because it drains our energy and willpower, both are limited supplies just like health and mana in a video game. When you're fighting monsters, they deal damage to you so your health goes down, you also use your skills which drain your mana to defeat them. What's the motivation behind doing what's difficult? You will gain at least these 3 things - more willpower, strength and resilience. Even though our willpower gets drained, it also expands the more we do it, so next time it replenishes we'll have more of it. Strength is like your armor, being thick-skinned despite obstacles and resilience being able to quickly recover after stressful situations (how fast health and mana regenerate in a video game). Knowing you'll be developing these 3 things is going to give you more motivation to go through what's difficult, but you also have to see the big picture, what's are the most treasured achievements for human beings? - Love, happiness, joy, peace, Enlightenment - these are all inner treasuries to be cultivated from within and that's what you're progressing towards when you exercise willpower, keep leveling up, start with lower levels, gain experience, basic skills and slay some low level monsters, eventually you'll level up and be able to face more difficult challenges :) hope this helps!

Below are three symbols I use to memorize "willpower, strength and resilience" which you'll be gaining when going through difficult situations, think of this as an "Artifact" that you can quickly flash in your mind to remind yourself of these things. Blue orb is willpower, bear paw is strength, lotus flower is resilience.

The Triangle of Willpower.jpg

Edited by Vladimir

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

5 hours ago, AleksM said:

I see. What is your nutrition like? Do you exercise?

My nutrition is healthy and i exercise daily, "You are what you eat" after all.

4 hours ago, Vladimir said:

Same here with the video games brother. I think we need to provide very good reasons for "doing what's difficult" because it drains our energy and willpower, both are limited supplies just like health and mana in a video game. When you're fighting monsters, they deal damage to you so your health goes down, you also use your skills which drain your mana to defeat them. What's the motivation behind doing what's difficult? You will gain at least these 3 things - more willpower, strength and resilience. Even though our willpower gets drained, it also expands the more we do it, so next time it replenishes we'll have more of it. Strength is like your armor, being thick-skinned despite obstacles and resilience being able to quickly recover after stressful situations (how fast health and mana regenerate in a video game). Knowing you'll be developing these 3 things is going to give you more motivation to go through what's difficult, but you also have to see the big picture, what's are the most treasured achievements for human beings? - Love, happiness, joy, peace, Enlightenment - these are all inner treasuries to be cultivated from within and that's what you're progressing towards when you exercise willpower, keep leveling up, start with lower levels, gain experience, basic skills and slay some low level monsters, eventually you'll level up and be able to face more difficult challenges :) hope this helps!

Below are three symbols I use to memorize "willpower, strength and resilience" which you'll be gaining when going through difficult situations, think of this as an "Artifact" that you can quickly flash in your mind to remind yourself of these things. Blue orb is willpower, bear paw is strength, lotus flower is resilience.

The Triangle of Willpower.jpg

Well said, thank you. I'll put this into action, i think it just might work.

3 hours ago, starsofclay said:

@Vladimir @HypSandar Just for kicks and giggles, I turned your image into a Zelda reference, just to make it more video game-y... enjoy! ;)

Triforceofwillpower.jpg

Not bad, though triangle would inspire Illuminati these days. :P