Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danka

Maybe There Needs To Be Some Sort Of Bootcamp

4 posts in this topic

A bootcamp that is focused on conditioning your mind to do the things that are good in life, which most often most people don't do because as we all know here comfort feels better. And it's conditioned response to choose what feels better instead of what is actually better to do in the long run is as we all know the major part of why we all here are not fully self-developed yet. Ofcourse you have work-a-holics, but I think they are not in the majority. I think many of us are very far from remotely being a workaholic. Ofcourse you also need to think and be self-aware and plan and strategize. But I think most of us know what to do, it's just that not executing your plan feels better. 

That's why I think we need some sort of bootcamp, ofcourse you could become dependant on the bootcamp, but that should be included in the bootcamp to remind you not to become dependant. 

2nd point. What is my story and why am I here? Well I kind of always think of what would be the best thing I could do in life. I found that to be coding/robotics, beause this is the 2nd most highest value I could give to  humanity, by contributing to the automation of all work and thereby helping either free the human race or through mass employment fuel revolution. 

What is even better and more transformative than contributing to automation? fueling or igniting global psychological change, its 's just that I really don'wt know how that will get done, and I think that if people would have more free time or we would have a mass unemployment due to automation I think people would have more time to fundamentally change themselves for the better ( ofcourse this is not guaranteed). I don't fetishize technology, I think that alot of technology is used just to entertain the first world, not actually to add real value to humanity or to free humanity from mundane resource gathering/crafting/administrative work.

Note that I'm not necessarily passionate about going into technology or that it makes me feel really good or something to do it. This is because 1. I found out that all emotions and feelings are inside you, so everything you think you 'like' is just arbitrarily conditioned by growing up in a random enviroment with stimuli you didn't choose and then get connected to certain emotions that were always inside you and therefore you think you HAVE to be a musician or an actor or astronaut. Most people think they have to do 'what they love' for an occupation, or else they'll fail in life spiritually, emotionally and mentally. I don't agree with this because of my aforementioned reason above.

2nd point, notice how most people's life purpose is always something like art, drawing, making movies, writing books, becoming musician, game dev. Notice how its never become an engineer, roboticist, inventor etc...

I think this is because becoming an engineer, roboticist, inventor etc... is just much more difficult and uncomfortable. It gives very little instant gratification. Now drawing or music for instance gives relatively quick feedback and gratification. I have been playing music for 8 years now everyday, so it's not like I'm talking out of my ass.

Now some people are gonna give me the argument, 'but we need artists, we need writers, where would society be without shakespeare, mozart'. My response to this kind of thinking is, that you are extremely naïve about the state of art today. I would say that we are completely and utterly over-saturated with art in this society. Why because making art and consuming it appeals to our culturally reinforced wants. And 2nd very few people will ever become mozart or whatever most people pursuing creative stuff end up living paycheck to paycheck or starbucks. Not saying all do, just most do.

Let me know what you think and thanks for reading.

@Danka  Maybe it has got to do something with human nature. 

But I hate to break it yet this is my realization after hours and hours of thinking over the past week ::

Human Nature is bullsheet. Absolute rubbish. 

Human psychology is derived from human nature. Although studying psychology is interesting, the ultimate conclusion is that it's bullshit because it's based on faulty conditioned paradigms that are not rooted in love but in greed and passivity. 

So what we think is really immaterial because it does not have a true basis. 

If the looking glass is faulty or blurred or damaged the image also looks distorted. That pretty much sums it up. 

Human minds are deeply distorted. And the unlearning will take years. 

So the need for art is also because it appeals to our senses. 

Whatever makes us feel nice, we just do it, regardless of whether it's right or wrong or good or bad. 

By the way, there's also another way of looking at this same thing. That is you don't believe something is good, because it's not yielding the results you want. Meaning - you say most people who do art would end up living paycheck to paycheck. So probably that's the reason they shouldn't do it. But in the same thought, you are not realizing that you don't want it, not because it's bad but because it doesn't give you the money you want. So your opinion on art would have been completely different if everyone made a lot of money from selling art. Which means a lot of what we think is very much context dependent.

Conditioning the human mind is very difficult. Because our psychology has been deeply damaged at the root from the very beginning. And that conditioning has proceeded through evolution. 

But what you realize in the end is that human mind is shitty. And all our conditioned paradigms are leading to neurosis and imbalance. 

The attachment to art is also born out of such paradigms.

The only one way to get rid of these paradigms is to embrace the beauty of things, to embrace the beauty of everything. 

We should embrace the universal  beauty that makes up everything the universe is made of. 

The moment you think that something is dispensable or unworthy you lose it. When you embrace the value or the beauty of it, that's where all paradigms are broken and you see the goodness in the universal nature of things. That's where all discrimination and conditioning ends and acceptance begins. 

With acceptance and freedom and embracing there is growth and ultimate fulfillment of all desires and this will lead to you receiving the benefit or goodness of everything.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Danka That's what workshops and retreats are: bootcamps. They are incredibly effective.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Create your own boot-camp for yourself.  That's the way to go.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor