The White Belt

Quick Insight: Not The Body

7 posts in this topic

When you are asleep, what happens to the body?

Actually, forget the body for a moment..

What happens to the lamp? The bed? The floor? The window? The wall? 

You can answer the body question by answering any of the others. 

They disappear don't they? All together they cease to exist. 

If you think you're the body you may as well think you're the wall. Both are only form. 

infact the wall was probably here before you were 'born' and probably will be after you 'die' 

Edited by The White Belt

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Many take it that they are not the body as another belief at first. I even see it as one of the biggest traps.

The mind will be confused. The only way to know this truth is to stop believing in the matter paradigm which most people are subscribed to. What you are saying is only true if one has realised that their experience of the world is all there is and there isn't a world of form outside of mind.

Hell even I haven't transcended this illusion completely its super hard. So I think when most of us say we are not the body,  this is just because we believe this thought more than we believe the other (that we are the body). 

So if we prove it intellectually, that's still not enough somehow. The process of disidentification is gradual imo. The bodymind has been the subject far too long for this realisation to be instant.

Idk, just some mindgasms over here don't read

🌟

🌟  Star ☀ Power 🌟

🌟

@Dodo Yeah, I agree. 

The more I get sucked into presence, the more likely it seems I am not the body, over just intellectual belief alone. 

We can believe ANYTHING intellectually if we really want to. Makes no difference to anything at all. That's why we're (and why Buddha was) so concerned with direct experience.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

@The White Belt None of it has to disappear, it isn't "there" already. What makes that hard to grasp is thinking you are "there". There is no you, body, bed, floor, window, etc.      When you sleep, you are The One, not dreaming. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm I see.. But I won't understand what you meaning when you say it isn't there already, until I have the insight for myself ;-) 

― Shunryu Suzuki

― Shunryu Suzuki