Max_V

Going To My First Workshop!

5 posts in this topic

Going to my first workshop! Rupert Spira is coming to Amsterdam, so I'll be going there on my own. My first time doing something like this so I'm quite nervous haha.

It will all be worth it in the end though, his teaching really speaks to me.

Any of you guys going too?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

14 minutes ago, Max_V said:

Going to my first workshop! Rupert Spira is coming to Amsterdam, so I'll be going there on my own. My first time doing something like this so I'm quite nervous haha.

It will all be worth it in the end though, his teaching really speaks to me.

Any of you guys going too?

Workshops and seminars is a big rip off in my opinion. You can learn more from  just one book for 20 bucks. 

If I'm not mistaken, Rupert Spira wrote the book 'presence'.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

@How to be wise Sorry but I have to disagree here. 

To be in the presence of someone enlightened already is something very profound. Hearing someone like that talk in person is something that no book could ever replace. 

To add to that, I have an anxiety problem. Fundamentally with meeting new people and being on my own. So not only will I attend something amazing, I will also test my capability to face this.

In the program, early in the morning you do a guided meditation together with the group and after that there is room for questions. I am looking forward to it a lot, even though I'm very nervous ^_^

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Workshops and seminars is a big rip off in my opinion.

I would strongly disagree with that as well.

I've spent over $20,000 on workshops and retreats in the last few years. Best money I've ever spent. But then again, I love this stuff and I've got some money to burn.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Workshops and seminars is a big rip off in my opinion.

ugh

unborn Truth