egoless

Career Choices For Introverts

5 posts in this topic

Hello, community! In this topic, I would like us to discuss the best career choices for extremely introverted people in this ever globalizing world! With so much advancement in technology and communications, there are opening new possibilities for introverts even in the communication careers. Please suggest your best ideas for us the extremely introverted people... :)

Any career that chiefly resembles this ;)

ttl72.jpg

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Anything to do with being self-employed.  Create your own job.  Find a way to be an abundance of value in a manner that makes wallets crack.  It's that simple.  Sit behind a computer, talk on the phone, make some artifact or provide some service that pays you some sustainable dividends.  Try to find a skill that you can commit to master your whole life.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo, I know your opinion about how every person can work towards mastering opposite traits - so I see where this funny picture comes from ;) I agree on that but only partly. While I have trained myself to acquire extrovert strengths over the years through forcing myself into social environments where I would have to push myself out of the comfort zone it still feels unnatural to me. I am in the business field and no matter how hard I try to master my presentation and communication skills it still feels like I am getting more stressed out and does not get the results compared to an average extrovert who does not make any efforts in these situations...

Joseph Maynor,

Thanks for your suggestion. But the problem is I can not commit myself to one particular skill my whole life because of I am more of a generalist personality. While generalists are very valuable managers and entrepreneurs I still struggle with some parts which require extrovert strengths. I don't know maybe it is because I am still very young and if I try hard things will get better after time. But overall idea of freelancing is very interesting to me as I hate being controlled and I love freedom!