Himanshu

A List Of Dead, Fictional And Alive Heroes

6 posts in this topic

I'm building a list of people who have gone on the hero's journey and have worked for the betterment of the world, implicitly or explicitly, and have (had) an exemplary life, in no particular order:

• Friedrich Nietzsche
  • B. R. Ambedkar
  • Gautama Buddha
  • Arundhati Roy
  • Howard Roark
  • Jaggi Vasudev
  • Alan Watts
  • Ludwig Van Beethoven
  • Leonardo Da Vinci
  • Charles Darwin
  • Larry Page
  • Barack Obama
  • Marcus Aurelius

This list is limited to the people I've read and know about (so there is a certain bias ;) ) and is open to debate. Let's build an inspiring list!

Edited by Himanshu
Added more names

few other suggestions: Gandhi, Nelson Mandela, Charlie Chaplin, Mother Teresa, Siddartha Gautama Budha, Leonidas and the army defending Thermopylae, Spartacus, William Wallace,  

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

A hero that is very very subjective. 

Would you consider Mao Zedong a hero or Joseph Stalin? Not when you follow the Western bias. 

But I had a lot of Chinese students and they widely consider Mao a hero. 

Then again in the West we consider Marco Polo a hero. "The Great Trader". But then again the Chinese people don't consider him a hero at all. They call Marco Polo jokingly "The Great Traitor". 

Mom and Dad. Everybody comes second.

With that said i gotta say Siddharta Gautama to me is just one bad-ass motherfucker.IMAGINE! He had everything in his life. He lived the life of a king! Food,company,women ...he had it all! And he decided to leave them all for rigorously finding the truth through asceticism. WOW....just imagine somebody in our time leaving the WHOLE of human relationships to do that kind of stuff..wow...

This is cus instead of viewing him as "god" i viewed him as an ordinary human who did extraordinary things....and that is really awe-inspiring.

But of course Heroes are everywhere! This is just my opinion of who a hero is.

Kendrick Lamar is a contemporary hero to me. Nigga woke AF. Meditated his whole life. Understands Truth. Understands he has to change himself before changing the world. Doing it now. 

Edited by Little Plant

All the above stated I view as heroes

I wanted to add Bruce Lee

"it's all about love... making some else's existence just a little easier. Nothing else matters, I know this now."

-Terence McKenna
Last Words Interview