Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Principium Nexus

What Even Is Math And Why Is It So Precise?

5 posts in this topic

From all language out there, mathematics seems to be the most amazing and complex. Is it a transcendental language where everybody seems to come to the same conclusion and is therefor the most objective in describing reality?

What do you think math is? Does it exist out there in nature? Do you think math should be able to describe all phenomena that exist or will happen? What is number and why are there numbers beyond the positive natural numbers (e.g. fractions/negative/irrational)?

Are math and geometry one? If math is able to describe relativistic relations within reality, aka geometry, which is the natural language of nature then it could be said that it is the language of god?

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Principium Nexus  To me it is just a branch of science like any other branch that helps us better understand the mysteries of the reality around us. 

All biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, combine together in nature. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena I agree the other science are equally amazing in trying to describe what it happening, but math seems to be at the fundamental root to do objective predictions in any of these sciences. It is able to deliver concrete value and to me feels the most pragmatic, somehow it seems to be the root of all logic we derive in all those other fields and to me that's very fascinating :D

Whereas mathematics might feel little bit cold the other disciplines give meaning to what is found regarding to the context where they operate in. It's nice to see how this relation is the basis of all science.

11 hours ago, Principium Nexus said:

From all language out there, mathematics seems to be the most amazing and complex. Is it a transcendental language where everybody seems to come to the same conclusion and is therefor the most objective in describing reality?

What do you think math is? Does it exist out there in nature? Do you think math should be able to describe all phenomena that exist or will happen? What is number and why are there numbers beyond the positive natural numbers (e.g. fractions/negative/irrational)?

Are math and geometry one? If math is able to describe relativistic relations within reality, aka geometry, which is the natural language of nature then it could be said that it is the language of god?

I suggest you look into the works of Franklin Merrell-Wolff.  He was a mathematician and enlightened mystic, and only passed away in 1985.   A good way is to read "Franklin Merrell-Wolff's Experience and Philosophy" which contain most of his writings.  He talks at length about the nature of infinity and mathematics, etc.  

This is a good bio about him: 

http://www.spiritualteachers.org/franklin-merrell-wolff/

Edited by Real Eyes