WaterfallMachine

Seeing Things Warp During Meditation

5 posts in this topic

During my determination sitting, I was staring at the center of a red snowflake design on a pillow. 

Then I saw things warp.

And not just that. 

I started seeing the pillows subtly moving left and right. I saw purple colors. I saw the colors fade. It looked like as if the pillow was breathing. Little green circles darker than the green of the pillow seemed to subtly move around. There was also some clearing up in my vision like TVs that lost signal. Or as if I saw a 1040 HD video turn into a 360 video. Shining white colors. I saw things move up and down. Forward and backward. Holy shit.

I just kept going. When I felt too tired of staying still for too long and gave up to get a nice long awaited stretch, it all stopped. 

What is this? What do I do with it? What does this mean for my practice?

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Look into scrying, and tratak meditation.  Basically what happens is if you can keep your eyes still enough, your vision begins to fade, and you start to see through your third eye. In fact this is supposed to be a great way to open it.  You don't really have to believe in third eye or whatever, just imagine that you have the ability to project your imagination onto your environment with you eyes open. That is what this can do.  I find it very hard to keep my eyes still, but I have been practicing. I have gotten far enough to see the tv snow/static several times, but I always end up moving my eyes. 

1 hour ago, starsofclay said:

Look into scrying, and tratak meditation.  Basically what happens is if you can keep your eyes still enough, your vision begins to fade, and you start to see through your third eye. In fact this is supposed to be a great way to open it.  You don't really have to believe in third eye or whatever, just imagine that you have the ability to project your imagination onto your environment with you eyes open. That is what this can do.  I find it very hard to keep my eyes still, but I have been practicing. I have gotten far enough to see the tv snow/static several times, but I always end up moving my eyes. 

When I searched about it, I found this link.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Kundalini-awakening-What-are-your-Kundalini-awakening-experiences-What-are-the-dangers-involved-in-Kundalini-awakening/answer/Achintya-Idam

http://kundalini-brahmajnani.blogspot.com/2016/05/dangers-in-meditation-meditation-or.html

It was mentioned when someone experienced pain in their head during a tatrak meditation. He said it was dangerous when done in a stiff position. Oh man, is that true? Scary. I'm really skeptical but if it's potentially this dangerous, I better at least try to ask about it.

I have felt a pain in my head. But I'm not sure if it has something to do with reading really complicated philosophical books for half of the day or this. I hope it's not the latter. But then it just slowly disappears after some time.  Eh. Maybe I'm just overthinking it. 

Anyone know anything about this?

Kundalini does not damage your body. You yourself will damage your body and mind in order to awaken Kundalini.
How?
By sitting in a rigid posture; sitting for a longer duration of time, not changing your position despite feeling pain, pressure, heat, air movement in a body area or cavity; reading, discussing, arguing, thinking or imagining too much about spirituality or Kundalini awakenings; having wrong notions about Kundalini, spirituality, meditation; etc. Exerting physically and exhausting mentally leads to irreparable damage to the body and the mind.

If you experience pain, ache, heat, tightness, heaviness, pulling sensation, vibrations, pulsations, numbness, something moving like air or worm in a body part or inside a body cavity, a swirling or a twirling sensation, or other unnatural sensations in any of your body parts/cavities, give up such a meditation practice immediately. Do not do Vipassana as taught by present-day gurus when you experience such sensations, it is DANGEROUS. Vipassana means an insight into your real Self which can be achieved through silent meditation, spiritual awakening, and spiritual experiences and not by observing your body sensations or mental thoughts. Keeping quiet and continuing to sit in the same position even experiencing numbness, pain, or the above unnatural sensations will lead to physical problems (damage to the nervous system, rupture of vertebral discs, spinal and back problems, tremors, paralysis etc.).

Thinking too much or trying to understand the Supreme Reality with your intellect, visualization and imagination techniques should not be practiced because they lead initially to pseudo-mental sates and then to hallucinations. Meditation is practiced to find the reality about oneself. Is imagination ever a reality? Can imagination lead to reality? If you say it can, anything and everything is possible in spirituality, or if you want to make your imagination become a reality, then that imagination may lead to audio/visual/hearing/seeing hallucinations and other mental disorders.
GIVE UP Visualization and Imagination meditation techniques.

Maybe I'll even ask @Leo Gura pretty please.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

I have had a few of these in the past with deep breathing and meditation. I guess once the eyes that look become still, the eye that sees awakens. I can easily see auras just by breathing and gazing at someone for a minute or two which is one of the basic and easiest levels to this. You can even get into deep psychedelic yet pure states if you practice often.

B R E A T H E

@WaterfallMachine Well in my understanding, Kundalini is not dangerous unless it awakens prematurely, or in other words without years of groundwork opening and balancing the chakras. Sometimes it does spontaneously awaken prematurely in people, but this is not common.

I don't know why this person would feel pain while doing tratak meditation, but sometimes there  are headaches, sensitivity, and tingling felt in the third eye area as it awakens.