Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mastral

Staying Awake When Doing Guided Meditation (bineural Beats Hemi-sync)

5 posts in this topic

I have started experiencing this problem where I keep falling asleep when doing bineural beats meditation (Hemi-Sync). The problem is that you are meant to be doing them lying down so that your body can fall asleep with mind staying awake.

Do you have any ideas of what might help? I thought about taking a small dose of caffeine.

You could try caffeine, and see if it helps. It may mess with your brainwaves though and not achieve the desired results. I have been using binaural beats/ isochronic tones for years. At first I would fall asleep. Then it just turned into momentary loss of consciousness here and there, and then I just learned to stay awake. I also do a lot of my meditation lying down, so that probably helped. Don't worry about falling asleep so much, because your brain is still listening and receiving some of the benefits (if not all). Also, every session works to the goal of teaching you to reduce your brainwaves through repetition, whether you fall asleep or not. The fact that you fall asleep means you reduced your brainwaves, so don't worry so much about it. It will pass. 

I wouldn't take caffeine.

I have the same problem while meditating a lot of the time.

What I've figured out is that if I take a 20 minute nap prior to meditation, I do not fall asleep during the meditation.

I set my phone alarm app for 20 minutes, then it wakes me and I meditate for half an hour.

Try this meditation pose.

Vajrasana-benefits.jpg

Don't take caffeine!!

Edited by Truth Seekah