BjarkeT

How Long Approximately Does It Take To Make Progress?

5 posts in this topic

hi :)

when there is something you want to improve on in personal development how long does it approximately/usually  take until you feel like you have made the progress you wanted to make?

kind regards :)

To make progress faster, you need to be focused only on what you can control.  First thing that comes to mind is how hard you work and how commited you are. Focus on that, focus on taking action consistently and don't worry about how to get the result faster. That is a sneaky form of procrastination and you know it deep down. It will hold you back, period. The mind is the greatest obstacle. 

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

when there is something you want to improve on in personal development how long does it approximately/usually  take until you feel like you have made the progress you wanted to make?

Basically, as soon as you let go your fears.

Realistically, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly.

50 minutes ago, Christian said:

To make progress faster, you need to be focused only on what you can control.  First thing that comes to mind is how hard you work and how commited you are. Focus on that, focus on taking action consistently and don't worry about how to get the result faster. That is a sneaky form of procrastination and you know it deep down. It will hold you back, period. The mind is the greatest obstacle. 

But i am not talking about how to make faster progress but how much time it usually take for other people to make the progress they wanted to make because i think it could maybe give a better idea of how long i should expect it would take when i would make my own progress i know it's probably different deepening on your effort and what you are working on but it still nice to know what to expect 

45 minutes ago, BjarkeT said:

But i am not talking about how to make faster progress but how much time it usually take for other people to make the progress they wanted to make because i think it could maybe give a better idea of how long i should expect it would take when i would make my own progress i know it's probably different deepening on your effort and what you are working on but it still nice to know what to expect 

There is no end to progress. There is always more, always deeper, for one to go.

If you want a time, then simply settle for a lifetimes worth.

Once I was blessed with a mentor. He was on his path of self-development for twenty years. He was so wise and serene. I said to him, "I wish I had the wisdom and serenity that you have". He said, "Why? Do you want to be twenty years older?"