Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faith

Have You Ever Lost Someone Dear To You?

5 posts in this topic

If you have, please share your experience, as well as how it impacted your spirituality and daily life. Thank you.

@faith my dog rocky ;(

Died 16 years old, we were the same age roughly so I spent my whole childhood with him, so it was very brutal.

It's been almost a year since it happened, and I'm still a bit upset about it. Nothing to do but open up to the grief, and allow it to rise and fall of its own accord. I personally think grief is a beautiful thing, it shows how much you care, but nonetheless it can be quite encompassing. On the flip-side of that, I've became grateful to have had those experiences before he died. A lot of wisdom can be gained from such experiences. You appreciate the life you have a lot more, and realise how precious life is in all forms.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:39 PM, Ry4n said:

@faith my dog rocky ;(

Died 16 years old, we were the same age roughly so I spent my whole childhood with him, so it was very brutal.

It's been almost a year since it happened, and I'm still a bit upset about it. Nothing to do but open up to the grief, and allow it to rise and fall of its own accord. I personally think grief is a beautiful thing, it shows how much you care, but nonetheless it can be quite encompassing. On the flip-side of that, I've became grateful to have had those experiences before he died. A lot of wisdom can be gained from such experiences. You appreciate the life you have a lot more, and realise how precious life is in all forms.

My dog was also named rocky :( he died of a brain tumor at 9 and a half or so years. Worst time of my life, i was going through so much darkness and suffering he was my only friend i had as i was bullied in school cause i had odd ways than others so no 1 saw eye to eye but eventually one day i had an awakening through all that suffering and it changed my life in so many ways and showed me that i had to have that experience with my dog passing away in order to reach the state that i had newly adapted to.

Then i met someone special and that broke me and slapped me awake even more.. I'm only 25 and i think its still the beginning of something great that's been happening all along just in the background.

B R E A T H E

@pluto Damn, that does sound harsh. Losing anyone can be quite sobering and does make you stronger if you can come out ok on the other side.