Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Loreena

My Life Purpose Is.... A Beautiful Life Purpose

7 posts in this topic

(Thank you Leo for making such a wonderful life purpose course and many many thanks for creating this forum.)

I went halfway through Leo's life purpose course. And I think the pattern of a life purpose has started to emerge. I am having a distant intuition of my life purpose, although it seems vague right now to me, it is absolutely fascinating and I would be full of passion to pursue it through and through. I feel a little embarrassed and hesitant to reveal it thinking what others might think. But I need to reveal it anyway. 

So here it is. My life purpose is to manifest God in my life through my art, expression, a career in organic farming and through teaching kids. I know it sounds vague and maybe I won't be able to make much money out of it, but at this point in my life, money has taken a backseat. For me leading a deeply spiritual life is important. Without it, my life would be unfulfilled. 

My parents pressurised me into picking a financial career. I got good grades and worked as an intern for a year but I was frustrated at the end. I dropped it and started pursuing my studies again. This time I want a change.

I want to lead a beautiful life, with or without money. Maybe few years down the path, I might turn into a hippie or a monk in a cave or any isolated place. But it has to be serene and beautiful. That's what I always wanted. People might judge me as useless or unsuccessful but for me my success lies in doing that which fulfills me on a deeper level.

I think I should listen to the voice of my passion because I believe that I will be my authentic self only if I do what I truly love pursuing. 

This thought came to me when I was taking a quiet walk through nature and I realized that almost every bird, tree,  flower, leaf, even the wind and rock, every creation in nature was actually a manifestation of God. And then I thought, well, I'm a creation of God too.....

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Oh God... This is exactly What I WANT in life. There are times that I feel the same as you described; seeing the world as a manifestation of God and all and I gotta say It felt so damn good. I guess it was better than anything else. However, This rare experience has gone past me and now I got caught up in all the cliché and everyday work and life as everybody. I just want that feeling of tranquility. and I feel like it is never gonna happen again. 

How can I GET back to the days of joy and freedom like you? I am willing to take all risks it is gonna require of me.

@ArasH Considering the current work pressures and societal expectations and rules, it's a little difficult. But maybe you can find some time away from your regular work to follow your passion. I can't suggest you to quit your job whether you like your job or not, because it's your survival. There are many people out there like you and me who wish to live like children, forget all their worries and become one with nature and God and live how God wanted us to live as freespirits but we get entangled into the demands, pressures and rigid life structures created by society. The only thing you can do is allow minimal social conditioning in your life and do as much as from your heart. Be a rebel. If you have enough money, don't care what people think and do what you like. 

Maybe the social conditioning has been so rigorous and deep, that sometimes we just stop thinking out of the social paradigm box. It's like the bird's wings are already cut before it could learn to fly. So start journaling to know what your inner mind/soul/heart wants. Its desires might be buried or hidden because of social pressures. Let them out on a piece of paper. At least you would know what you really want. Once you are aware of what your heart wants and you have expressed it freely, honestly without inhibition, then you could try and find ways to incorporate into your career plan or select a career that is aligned to it. You might have to sacrifice financial gains, or maybe you could find something that not only serves your inner desire or purpose but also makes money simultaneously. This is rare but still possible. 

Be positive but seek what you want. There is no point in living a life that you don't find a joy in.....you live only once after all..

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

That sounds like a good life!  Best wishes!

I want the same thing. The other day I was contemplating about my life purpose and just remembered the summers in my grandma's. I remember how easy and aligned with being I was. I remember just looking at the trees from a balcony in the backyard of the house. Some days I easily spent 4 to 6 hours just looking at the trees and mountains. I still don't know my life purpose. I'm planning to buy the Leo's course. 

@Loreena Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Loreena

You're life purpose is so beautiful indeed!

And don't underestimate the impact you can have with it! You can literally save the planet with organic farming!

Here's a movie to inspire you! If you really are into nautre and farming, this may bring you to tears:

http://inhabitfilm.com/