Harvey

Why We Want The Thing We Want ?

6 posts in this topic

How do you know if you want something because you want or it because everyone else has it?

Your beliefs play a huge role in what you want, or, better said, what you think you want.

what things I want.. well typically they happen to be something I don't have. but wait that's not true I still want it when I do have it. 

I want things I guess 'cause I'm thinking about it, what's on my mind? what I want right now is to understand why I don't like posting. so that's what I'm thinking a lot about  I guess I get distracted from it when I read a post but then also I kinda don't want things when I'm distracted. I only want things when I'm just idling.

but then this is just me and this is just the random idea I had in the now moment. but at least I'm posting :P lookit me being brave like I wanna.

Typically, you want to seek pleasure or  avoid pain, which form your preferences, likes and dislikes. These over time, form mental tendencies and vasanas, then thoughts arise within the mind that are in accordance to the desire/fear patterns. 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?