Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaterfallMachine

What Are Ways To Have First Hand Experiences On Alternative Methods I Can Do At Home?

3 posts in this topic

Hi. Watching Leo's videos on epistemology and paradigms, I figured he did have a point there. 

So I thought I'd experiment with seeing this stuff for myself. 

Thing is is that I'm a minor and I'm not sure if I can convince my parents to let me go to some "crazy place claiming unscientific alternative methods." Though maybe I can get some money that can be used on the internet though from my monthly allowance.

So I want something I can do ideally without money, at my home/anywhere else or on the internet.

I tried remembering past lives. Skeptics claimed it was due to a wild imagination but when I tried to imagine such a visually vivid experience as quickly, I couldn't do it unless the specific technique for it was done. It was not relaxation as some studies say relaxation increases creativity because even relaxing in normal meditation wouldn't allow my imagination to flow stories so fast.

I also tried chakras which actually did have a calming effect. I didn't believe it would work at first so I don't think it was a placebo effect. Tried auras and saw mine ; it was not my imagination because I often saw something unexpected to what I had in mind and when I examined myself more closely, I discovered sides of myself I didn't know. Then tried communicating with a spirit guide and noticed the voice stayed clearly giving advice even when my mind was tired and I couldn't think well at all — which is . . . mind blowing. The sensation of communicating was strange ; the voice felt involuntary, not subject to my control. Surprising and contradictory to my own beliefs at times. And very very very warm.

Holy shit.

A part of me thinks I'm crazy and another part of me thinks I'm actually on to something here. That latter part seems to be grow deeper as I go. Anything else I could try? I wish I had a whole list of this stuff. If you can, please recommend some online sources or books I can buy online. You can also provide me with even better resources for what I tried above since I just went with the first pages that appeared when I googled how to do all these.

Edited by WaterfallMachine

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

Kundalini/kriya yoga practices are good, and I think possibly a good fit for someone who is wanting to have interesting experiences. On the same lines as ajasatya's recommendation I would also suggest aypsite.org 

Try not to waste time and energy on spirit guides and other kinds of communications. They are often at best distractions. The best kind of progress and joy comes from working on yourself. 

I also suggest a practice that will help you understand and work with your inner emotions and energies. The most radical transformations can come through things like forgiveness, letting go of anger, or processing grief. Even skeptics will believe in ghosts and devas before they will believe that forgiveness and conscious relaxation of life tensions can radically transform your life. My favourite book on this subject is Letting Go by David R Hawkins.