Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LetTheNewDayBegin

Universe May Not Be Infinite

7 posts in this topic

Here and there people say that God is inifnite, or universe is infinite. But can we really say that universe is boundless? Does it even make sense to say that?

All we can say from experience is that observations are local and we we'll never be able to see the boundary of the universe because there of a speed of light limitation. I would speculate that the universe is not 3d-flat, so by traveling in any notion of a straight line you'll actually go in circles. Note that it still wouldn't mean that the universe is infinite.

Am I right or wrong? Is universe definitely infinite? Do you have your own speculations about the reality of the universe? Please tell me. :)

Edited by LetTheNewDayBegin

I have experiential proof. It weighs 30mg and comes in powder. Feel free to prove it to yourself. :P

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

I haven't personally experienced infinity (yet) but I find it incredibly satisfying to think of it as absolutely infinite. 

When I was a kid I always had this thought: Why is there something at all? Why isn't there nothing?

But absolute nothingness and absolute infinitely everything are logically the same thing. The one cannot exist without the other. So there just has to be everything. 

And well if there is absolute infinity then what you experience right now couldn't not be.

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

@LetTheNewDayBegin Firstly, our universe is not the same as all of reality itself. Consider: what you know of as "our universe" is an infinitesimal part of reality.

Secondly, that is not what is meant by infinity. Infinity is not a size thing. It's not a matter of measuring the universe's perimeter to discover whether the perimeter is or is not finite.

Every physical thing is by definition finite, including the universe. What we mean by infinite is an "object" of actually infinite nature, which means it has no properties whatsoever, and therefore it isn't even an object, nor does it exist nor non-exist. It is Nothing. All of reality as a whole is an infinite non-object, object. Within that are found an infinite number of finite objects, including our universe. All of it neither exists nor doesn't exist. That's why it's called "nonduality". Everything is so ONE that even existence and non-existence collapse into one.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

tumblr_nheyx016yT1s4fz4bo1_500.gif

tumblr_o75gmnJHao1udx9moo1_500.gif

silver-flotation.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Infinite, but not the Universe.  Don't know how to explain.

Edited by Annetta

Thanks @Leo Gura

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Everything is so ONE that even existence and non-existence collapse into one.

I was wondering what do you mean when you say reality and that last sentence just gave me a visual image of reality being literally in one point. Hey, maybe the thing we perceive as space doesn't necessarily have any size at all?

I think I get it now that the infinite nature of reality is probably fractal-like. So it may be the case that we can zoom in and zoom out forever (ad infinitum), but we still have a universe that is finite.

Does not matter what we think or not, what matters is what we experience, what you experience
Learning all these concepts are a big trap that your mind plays on you to not do what is necessary, which is simply be.

It is that easy, just be in a empty field, or in the forest, and stay there for hours, perhaps days if necessary.
Your mind will resist this so much, it won't accept this and find all the good reasons not to do it

Because it is that easy ...

https://www.eckharttollenow.com/new-home-video/default.aspx?shortcode=u56dzx

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them