Jordan wang

My Parents Restrict Me Financially....

5 posts in this topic

Recently I have came across this huge issue.

I am in university right now, doing engineering, but I don't know what my passion is.

I want to take time off to travel the world, experience different experiences in order to find my passion. (I want to go to some shady places, experience the dark side of the world, depression, hunger, because I have never experienced those before)

I live in a first world country, and life is easy, I feel like experiencing life this way can be motivating to me. (it would teach me a lot about life)

But my parents don't agree to this, they are just normal people with normal midsets who used to work in 9-5 jobs.

they think they are smarter than I am simply because they've lived longer, although they don't even know what personal development is.

They keep comparing me to other (normal) people my age who is going to university, socializing, and preparing for their life time of working at a 9-5 job like some god damn honey bee worker who is controlled by a queen. (they are like the walking dead, machines...)

No matter how hard I try to pursuade them they wouldn't listen to me, they have their mind fixed.

without them, I don't have any income. (I use their money.)

I am starting a youtube channel right now as well as a company but It will be a long time before I can start earning money from those sources...

any ideas/resources/help?

jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

Why not finish university so at least you have a qualification as an engineer.

Then work for 9 months. During that time set your goal to travel to, say Germany. Learn to speak German. Arrange to work in Germany in 12 months time. After 9 months, pack your bag and travel to Germany and tour Germany for 3 months and refine your German language. Then start your job as an engineer in Germany. Then start the whole process again, visiting a new country each year.

@Jordan wang It's best to save your worldly travels until later. All your work inner is already cut out for you wherever you already are, and that's where the growth is.  Making the money to travel will likely be the best PD anyways. I think you'll undergo a whole new appreciation for the simple & extraordinary. Good luck! 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

You can't expect someone else do give you their money for stuff they don't believe in. Not gonna happen.

So you play the hand you're dealt. Make your own income and you can do what you want with it. Easier said than done...but what other option is there? Rob a bank?

Love ya,
Markus