A Sahota

Psychedelics

73 posts in this topic

I feel that I have got a lot  out of doing psychedelics,  I have many  experiences with them  and every time I do them I learn something new about myself or the world, like there some form of knowledge that can be accessed when your on them. Share your experiences and opinions , I would love to get some insights on this topic ! Thanks 

I've tried LSD & Shrooms. LSD about 5 times and Shrooms 3. I can say I enjoy all the times and do not regret doing them. The LSD I took it while at Dark Psychedelic raves, had great experience, the hallucinations where incredibly colorful and out of this world. Though, back then 7 or 8 years ago I was not as awake and aware as I am now. However, I remember the experience I had and I can now connect the dots.

I'm 26 now and would love to have another experience soon, I know it would be different this time since I have learned to be more open minded and have remove a lot of garbage I was carrying around for quite some time. Would recommend the experience to anyone.

I think psychedelics can be both tremendously beneficial as a well irrevocably harmful depending on the individual, where there are at mentally and emotionally as well as set and setting and of course, dosage. 

I've taken mushrooms a few times now and as Leo eluded to in one of his videos, they seem to act as a proverbial 'parting of the clouds'. You start to challenge the assumptions you've been making for such a long time and get an experience of life without as many of the filters operating. In that moment, life seems to get more paradoxical, uncertain and ambiguous. As such, it can be a pretty uncomfortable experience. Almost analogous to doing homework.

Whilst they can point you in the right direction and provide a plethora of a-ha moments, you still have to do the heavy lifting for yourself though. No shortcuts, or so it would seem.

Personally with mushrooms, I keep returning to this question of 'what am I actually doing here? what's the point in all of this and why am I even bothering?' I haven't yet learned how to transcend that space and reach a more positive and beneficial realization.

Anyway, that's my two cents. Cool thread!

Edited by Dawson

On 16.2.2016 at 6:31 PM, A Sahota said:

I feel that I have got a lot  out of doing psychedelics,  I have many  experiences with them  and every time I do them I learn something new about myself or the world, like there some form of knowledge that can be accessed when your on them. Share your experiences and opinions , I would love to get some insights on this topic ! Thanks 

I decided for myself that I just try shrooms, lsd and extasy once for the experience and nothing more. For now I just tried shrooms and I am still willing to try the rest. My shroom trip really got me thinking about alcohol. Since then I never got drunk.

I'm going to Peru to work with Ayahuasca...it's not necessarily in the drug category because it's a healing plant, but it's the most potent psychadelic on the planet.  I can't wait to experience it tho.  Im' really feeling called to it.  Has anyone ever heard of it?

On 12 April 2016 at 6:41 PM, DreamSpirit said:

I'm going to Peru to work with Ayahuasca...it's not necessarily in the drug category because it's a healing plant, but it's the most potent psychadelic on the planet.  I can't wait to experience it tho.  Im' really feeling called to it.  Has anyone ever heard of it?

I have heard of it yes. It contains the active molecule DMT, which is actually found in many of the foods we eat, but we have enzymes that degrade it before it can enter the system! That's why they give Ayahuasca with an antagonist of the enzyme, to stop it working and then DMT can do it's magic. I have never done any drugs really, but would want to try Ayahuasca!. 

Good luck, and hope it's a good experience :) 

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

Just now, DreamSpirit said:

@Flower Thanks!  Yes, I'm very excited about experiencing it. :D  I'll keep you posted how it was.

Yes please do, would be interesting to know! 

:) 

'The end of fear is the beginning of all wisdom'

I'm a long time psychedelic user. I know Leo is not big on them but I feel they've improved me as a person in countless ways over the years. You just have to use them responsibly and with a purpose in mind, not just to get wasted. I had my first LSD experience about 20yrs ago when I was 15 and the next morning when I woke up I knew I'd never look at the world and my place in it the same again. I definitely don't think you can become permanently enlightened through psychedelics alone, but they can serve to show you what other states of consciousness are possible and help to convince you that there's something out there that's worth working towards. 

@ChimpBrain How would you say they've helped you personally?  I'm really looking into them right now.  I'm leaning towards experimenting

You as a moderator wants to do dope and tells about it in the self actualization forum.......

What`s wrong here???  :S

@DreamSpirit

@Henri Correction:  Psychadelics are not dope.  It's not the most intelligent thing to categorize them together like that.  Some psychadelics can give you eye-opening experiences and change your perspective on reality.  So, there are some benefits.  It's not the same as talking about heroin, crack, cocaine, or even weed.  You might benefit from listening to Graham Hancock :)

So, there's nothing wrong here...please don't be so quick to judge.  This community does not need that.

From entheogens I did nutmeg (myristicin) and one time I felt vital energies coming into my body from celery and when I was laying on the floor I felt like I am one with the Earth, with nature and plants are growing around me. Don't do nutmeg unless you are a professional cause it can dehydrate you.

I also did dextromethorphan in larger doses several times, but mostly it was just a high. Yet there's an entire magazine about this one substance.

TBH, I consider drugs not a way to achieve enlightenment. It's just some chemicals influencing your serotonin, dopamine, NMDA and stuff.

Edited by appleaurorae

I think there's a difference between doing them for pure entertainment and doing them for higher awareness.  It's important to distinguish the two.  There are spiritual groups who do them in retreats to raise their levels of consciousness.  It's definitely a subject you have to approach with maturity.

@DreamSpirit that's a huge question because I started using them at such a young age and I was so sheltered at the time. I could list 10 things they did for me that wouldn't apply to you at all because you're not a 15yr old living in pre-internet 1995 lol. For instance I immediately realized that religion was bullshit. Having been raised in a conservative Christian household in rural Oklahoma this was a complete mind bender for me. A side effect of this particular realization was that my parents and grandparents don't really know everything like I had previously believed, they're just people. Their belief system was passed down to them from people who were less educated than they are, who got it from even less educated people, and on and on. 

Something I gained that would apply to you but I could never do justice with my piss poor writing skills is this over arching sense of oneness with the planet and environment. And even beyond our planet to the entire cosmos. My ability to be introspective is also dramatically increased by psychedelics. Even as an adult who actively attempts to be introspective during meditation it comes nowhere close to the kind of crystal clear realizations I've had on moderate doses of LSD.  

Nowadays I never take a full dose. I'm sure you're aware of the microdosing movement. That's where the real benefits are at IMO. I mean everyone should have a few mind melting full dose experiences in their life, but really after a handful of those you've gotten all the good out of it. Microdosing on the other hand.... 

@ChimpBrain Wow...sounds like some very powerful insights then.  I'm looking forward to that sense of oneness.  I know that our minds don't allow us the ability to experience the world as it truly is; our senses just won't allow it.  So, going beyond that idea of separation is awesome.  Totally looking forward to it.

@DreamSpirit There is a difference in meaning of the word ` dope`. In Holland we consider dope as a stimulating substance, but I found out in the US the meaning is less wide. Anyway clearing this up.

Yes, off course psychedelics can change your perspective on reality, they are supposed to do.  It`s why people take them. Only just a few take them to achieve so called spiritual experiences. So this gives rise to the following questions;

- Can you call experiences out of psychedelics `spiritual`?

For sure these experiences are different than the everyday experience. They can even be beyond ego-experiences so it`s in a way really a different perspective on reality. The worlds spiritual disciplines however all agree on this point that it`s not spiritual and the main reason for that is that it is forced in an unnatural way. You can compare it with going to fly with a plane or with a hang-glider. With a plane you go high up, but you need a pilot, you need fuel, you can only look out of the window and you are totally dependent and not aware where you are going. Being back on earth you`ll have to interpret your experiences the right way and you cannot because you lack the right knowledge. With a hang-glider however it`s a different story. You are free as a bird, can look a 360 degrees, are in control where to go, how long, the way, all your senses are there and there is not the problem of interpret your experiences when back on earth. This comparison will do to get the difference.

- Do genuine spiritual teachers use psychedelics or recommend it?

None of the people I call genuine do that. It`s even so that they warn against the use of any drugs. It`s well known that more people are doomed because the dark side of psychedelics than there are people who really benefit from it considering their own development. Off course we can argue on the question who are the genuine spiritual teachers. To me these are mainly the famous Hindu and Buddhist teachers who are rooted in a tradition that goes back a long way. When you consider Graham Hancock a genuine spiritual teacher we can finish the discussion. You`ll qualify yourself as an ignorant person with a lack of knowledge.

- Isn`t the shaman who gives you Ayahuasca a spiritual teacher, who is having a lot of knowledge about it?

He is not. He is an ignorant magic/mythic thinking bush-guy who cheats ignorant western people by promising them paradise. The only knowledge he is having is of a plant. Here we arrive at a remarkable point of the discussion. People using drugs are in a way so ignorant. They want liberation and experiences the 21th century way. I want it and I want it now! They don`t understand that even growing up takes 18 years for the body and 25 years for the psychological part and think enlightenment is some instant device you can achieve under a tree in the Amazon by eating a plant. Think about it! You are all so ignorant.....

Anyway, the topic drugs, psychedelics, Ayahuasca and whatever is already a lot discussed on this site. To my opinion it`s in a way ruining this site when it`s discussed next to the real spiritual stuff. It`s like a site which is devoted to the newest cars and people are throwing posts of their newest bikes on it. So @Leo Gura maybe a good suggestion to make a separate chapter on the drugs stuff to keep it away from real and more important posts?