Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Davidus

I'd Like To Read Your Opinion

8 posts in this topic

“Integrity has no need of rules" - said Alber Camus. Such a good quote. what do you think about these words? how do you interprete them?

I agree. It just is, either you have it or not. No one needs rules for it, because you can see in the blink of an eye if integrity is there or not. You know it, you feel it.

I agree as well. The same can be said about "Love has no need of rules".

@Davidus  Integrity is just another word in our dictionary and can mean something different to the individual or group.

For instance, The definition of integrity (rules) of the Mafia or an L.A. street gang are much different than ours. Two major rules being, you can't quit and you can't squeal to the authorities about the crimes committed. Is this integrity to you or I? No, in fact it's the opposite. So then it comes down to the individuals belief system. Don't you agree?       

First we got to define the word Integrity.^_^

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

On 2/17/2016 at 4:06 PM, Davidus said:

“Integrity has no need of rules" - said Alber Camus. Such a good quote. what do you think about these words? how do you interprete them?

Makes sense. At least if we take "rules" to mean an external set of rules, probably written down somewhere. Someone of integrity doesn't need to have a rulebook somewhere out there, the "rules" are within them. And they don't need to think too much about whether a particular action is in line with any rules, they're acting more out of instinct or habit than anything else.

Much like virtues, generally - a virtuous man doesn't need to wonder if an action is virtuous or not.

It means that a virtuous person will behave in the most morally correct way in every situation. Rules and laws are designed to protect people from other people. If everyone acted with integrity, no one would need protecting, hence the rules would become obsolete.

Of course, this applies only to moral rules, where integrity is relevant, not game or traffic rules. :D