Alicja_

Hypnosis (regression)

4 posts in this topic

Hi, 

has anyone here tried hypnosis for self-healing? Hypnotic regression? Could you mention any of your experience, effects?  Especially in relation to dealing with past traumas, anxiety, depression, emotional problems?  I've been thinking about several sessions to unroot and eliminate certain mental blocks. I wonder if anyone tried this and could provide some info here. How helpful can this be?

Have a nice day. 

No curtain hides from view the spheres allay on, save these poor shells of half transparent dust; While all that blinds the spiritual vision is pride hate and lust.

Maybe this book can help you?

Seership the magnetic mirror.

@Alicja_ @egoeimai

Several years ago I got involved with hypnosis to help cure many anxieties and pains from my past.   A lot of it revolved around my dad, and my fear of the dark because I was locked in a dark room repeatedly by a baby sitter during my preschool years.  I received a lot of relief and was able to move on.

In December 2014 I had a near death experience and I was hospitalized twice from the trauma.   After the hospitalization I immediately sought care from a hypnotherapist because I knew it worked for me in the past.   I found a kind woman who was a hypnotherapist and a life coach.  She helped me and I was back to my old self after 4 sessions (it took me approximately a month of healing, because I was in severe condition).   I know that if I had not gone to seek hypnosis treatment I would most likely still be traumatized and unable to function as a normal human being.  Counseling never seemed to work for me, and I felt like I was paying for someone to listen to me complain and not do anything about it.  I rather just have a friend listen instead since that was the case.

After my healing and coming home to live with my parents, I knew I needed a new life and career change so I decided to study hypnosis and have been practicing for over 2 years now.  I enjoy healing people and seeing people transition into a better life just as I have after struggling for so long. I also studied  Reiki and became a reiki master earlier this year.  And I plan to continue my energy healing studies and will be receiving certifications in TFT - Thought Field Therapy.

I was hoping I could find my old post I made about hypnosis over a year ago from a different account, but alas I couldn't find it!  Perhaps you will have better luck if you do a search on the forum for hypnosis.

Hypnosis can help you change any habit, behavior, or belief as long as you have the willingness to change.  We have two parts of our mind- Subconscious and Conscious mind.  Our Conscious mind is 10% of our brain, and it comprises of our logic, will power and decision making.  The other 90% is our Subconscious mind that deals with all of our habits, behaviors, and beliefs.  So, technically we are what we believe ourselves to be.  So if you change the way you feel or believe, you change the way you live and experience life.  That's why our thoughts are so important to our success. 

According to a comparative study done by the American Health Magazine:
Psychoanalysis  38% recovery after 600 sessions

Behavior Therapy 72% recovery after 22 sessions

Hypnotherapy 93% recovery after 6 sessions

How can Hypnosis Help me?
Lose Weight
quit smoking
stress management
overcome phobias and fears
personal development
sports enhancement
deal with your past
eradicate bad habits and behaviours and beliefs
nail biting
addictions
test anxiety
anger management
improve self confidence
and much more

A few examples of Hypnosis Statistics as there many all over the internet you can find:

Hypnosis Subjects Lost More Weight Than 90% of Others and Kept it Off

Researchers analyzed 18 studies comparing a cognitive behavioral therapy such as relaxation training, guided imagery, self monitoring, or goal setting with the same therapy supplemented by hypnosis.

Those who received the hypnosis lost more weight than 90 percent of those not receiving hypnosis and maintained the weight loss two years after treatment ended.

University of Connecticut, Storrs Allison DB, Faith MS. Hypnosis as an adjunct to cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for obesity: a meta-analytic reappraisal. Journal of Consulting Clinical Psychology  in 1996 (Vol. 64, No. 3, pgs 513-516)

Hypnosis can more than double the effects of traditional weight loss approaches

An analysis of five weight loss studies reported in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology in 1996 showed that the "… weight loss reported in the five studies indicates that hypnosis can more than double the effects" of traditional weight loss approaches.

University of Connecticut, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology in 1996 (Vol. 64, No. 3, pgs 517-519)..

Hypnosis Over 30 Times as Effective for Weight Loss

Investigated the effects of hypnosis in weight loss for 60 females, at least 20% overweight. Treatment included group hypnosis with metaphors for ego-strengthening, decision making and motivation, ideomotor exploration in individual hypnosis, and group hypnosis with maintenance suggestions. Hypnosis was more effective than a control group: an average of 17 lbs lost by the hypnosis group vs. an average of 0.5 lbs lost by the control group, on follow-up.

Cochrane, Gordon; Friesen, J. (1986). Hypnotherapy in weight loss treatment. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 54, 489-492

Freedom from smoking: Integrating hypnotic methods and rapid smoking to facilitate smoking cessation:

Of 43 smokers undergoing this treatment, 39 reported remaining abstinent from smoking at follow-up (6 months to 3 years post-treatment). This represents a 90.6% success rate using hypnosis and a Rapid Smoking (RS) protocol.

Clinical Hypnosis for Smoking Cessation: Preliminary Results of a Three-Session Intervention:

Thirty smokers enrolled in an HMO were referred by their primary physician for treatment. Twenty-one patients returned after an initial consultation and received hypnosis for smoking cessation. At the end of treatment, 81% of those patients reported that they had quit smoking. 

A few of the many Celebrities who have used hypnosis:

Geri Halliwell (singer): The ex-spice girl, Ginger Spice, adds to the numbers of Celebs who have used hypnotherapy to lose weight and get fit.

Sophie Dahl (model): Sophie was a "plus sized" model from England. After a change of heart she dropped a huge amount of weight, going from a size 14 to size 8 dress size, with help from hypnosis for weight loss. Now she leads a healthy lifestyle, is a beautiful pin-up model, and managed to keep the weight off as 10 years later she is still a size 8 dress size!

Lily Allen (singer): Lily is a singer from the UK) who used weight loss hypnosis successfully - she lost so much weight she dropped 3 dress sizes.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/wellbeing/4690915/Weight-loss-without-dieting.html

On 6/25/2017 at 8:19 AM, Alicja_ said:

Hi, 

has anyone here tried hypnosis for self-healing? Hypnotic regression? Could you mention any of your experience, effects?  Especially in relation to dealing with past traumas, anxiety, depression, emotional problems?  I've been thinking about several sessions to unroot and eliminate certain mental blocks. I wonder if anyone tried this and could provide some info here. How helpful can this be?

Have a nice day.