nahtanoj

Inspired By Moana (hero's Journey)

6 posts in this topic

I went to the movies to watch Moana with my family, by that time (2016) I wasn't into self actualization and I really din't liked the movie. It was a disappointment because the directors of the movie (Ron Clements and John Musker) were the ones who directed Aladdin's movie (one of my favorites animated movies). So fast forward to 2017 I have been into self development and going very deep. I have watched the video of the Hero's Journey by Leo a dozen times. I started looking at my life differently and also doing a lot of inner work. This past month my daughter wanted to watch Moana again and I just remembered how disappointing it was so I wanted to skip it but then I remembered that the story had a mentor, a threshold guardian etc. I watched it with an open mind and men it blew my mind. 

These days I just acknowledge how undeveloped and behind I am into my own journey. Now I understand how my First Position (Atheism) held me back with a lot of stuff and experiences. I had started experimenting and dropping a lot of shit within my web of believes. This past six months I have encounter my first self actualization paradox and my mind and ego just got fucked up by this inner work, this 6 months into this inner work have felt like years of hard work. Guys if you really want to grow and go beyond the reef you have to go inside yourself. Now Moana is one of my favorites movies if not my favorite so far. 

@nahtanoj The Lion King is a classic hero's journey movie. Worth a re-watch.

I have a whole book that explains how they wrote The Lion King using the Hero's Journey structure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@nahtanoj The Lion King is a classic hero's journey movie. Worth a re-watch.

I have a whole book that explains how they wrote The Lion King using the Hero's Journey structure.

What's the name of the book? Is it in your book list? I would really enjoy reading it because I write stories myself.

am0Qmd4_700b.jpg

@Nahm Not yet. Thanks for the suggestion. 

@Leo Gura I have to watch Lion King again I was a kid when I watched it. 

* SPOILER ALERT *

OK so today I watched the movie again with my daughter. Lol

So I notice something that I don't notice before and maybe it's because I watched this video of Leo yesterday. 

Spoiler alert:

I notice that Moana don't choose her path or life purpose. Life itself chose her purpose. The ocean chose her life goal. That's something mind blowing. After watching that video I'm thinking about my life and how I don't have free will. I'm trying to go back to my early years of life but it is hard because I don't remember too much of that time. 

Edited by nahtanoj
Typo