Liam Johnson

Who Do You Idolise?

6 posts in this topic

Couldn't find anyone who started this topic so here we go.

Who have been your biggest idols through life? Those that have inspired you to strive for better, to self-actualise, to realise your true potential. What profound impact have they left on you? It'd be cool to discover more influential people to have walked this earth.

E.g. My Heroes Growing Up

Yngwie Malmsteen + Michael Angelo Batio - opened my eyes to what was possible on the guitar

Preston Reed - inspired me to become an acoustic guitarist

Michael Hedges - planted the seed for self-actualization

Brooke Castillo - taught me to take control of my emotional well-being by raising awareness and acceptance

Brooke Castillo + Richard Nicholls + Leo Gura - formed the foundations from which I was able to overcome anxiety and depression completely

Leo Gura + Eckhart Tolle - introduced concepts of spirituality and enlightenment

Tommy Emmanuel - shown me the beauty of music which has been manifested in love and joy

Evelyn Glennie - proved to me that disabilities can become your biggest asset

Cliff Stoll + Evelyn Glennie - inspire me to bring as much enthusiasm and passion to my work as possible

1. Gottlob Frege -- For teaching me some ideas about truth.
2. Ludwig Wittgenstein -- For teaching me some ideas about theory.
3. Ralph Waldo Emerson -- For teaching me some ideas about spirituality and personal development.
4. G.E. Moore -- For teaching me some ideas about knowledge.
5. Confucius -- For teaching me some ideas about routines and spirituality.
6. Muhammad -- For teaching me some ideas about God and our relationship to Him.
7. Will Durant -- For teaching me some ideas about thinking and writing.
8. Henri Bergson -- For teaching me some ideas about theory.
9. Thomas Nagel -- For teaching me some ideas about reality.
10. Lao Tzu -- For teaching me some ideas about paradox and spirituality.

11. Leo Gura -- For teaching me some ideas about Eastern Philosophy and personal development.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

My grandma's creativity

My grandpa's ability to let go of the past

My dad's work ethic

My mom's patience and kindness

My wife's honesty about me

My oldest son's vision & drive

My youngest son's outlook

My daughter's humor

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Geoffrey hodson with his writings about the Kundalini and the serpent fire. It really amazed me because it really made sence to me. 

This is an awesome question! It reminds me of what Leo said in one of the last videos about being careful about who we look up to....I remember writing a paper in college on an artist (in fine arts) only to be at a total loss when asked questions about the artists pedophilia or something from my classmates....I had only looked at the art, everything I wrote was about the art, I had not looked at the person making it at all! I feel like I'd need to do more research before I could answer this question now....

@Epiphany_Inspired Good point.  My idolizing only extends to their ideas not to their lives due to the effect that their ideas had on me.  Of their lives, with the exception of Wittgenstein, I know little about.