Lorcan

How Does One Become A Sucessful Revolutionary?

12 posts in this topic

I loved Leo's recent video on systems thinking and his most recent insight. They are just the kind of things I am looking for to fulfill my life purpose.

Leo says that for a revolutionary to make a large positive change to the world, they need to master themselves. Turn inwards and master every faecet of there being. My school term has only just recently finished and I have a lot of time on my hands for focusing on growth.

I have an advantage in pursuing this life purpose.(It is not a clear vision, but I want to create the most high-consciousness society as possible, with highly more effective, efficient and caring systems then what we have today). I recognize I have an advantage. I am young, I am 15. I realize and accept that the journey will be long and arduous. I also might fail. We shall see.

I also realize there is so much to be learnt to acquire the most chance of sucess in accomplishing my life purpose. Mastering myself will be the hardest thing and manipulating society to the way that is most ideal and most caring yet practical/functional will be extremely difficult. The amount of things to be learnt and endured seems unfathomable, but accomplishable because I want to try. I want to try really hard.

I am also at a large disadvantage, there is so much I dont know and there is people who know so much more then me.

How? How does one start the journey of a revolutionary who wants to bring change to the world , to create a society that is free and beautiful.

I sometimes wonder to myself that certain actions I take are "un-revolutionary". As in for example this thread. A real young aspiring revolutionary would not be writing a thread on how to become so. Much like one would think that some millionare or billionare would not write a thread on how to become one before he was a millionare or billionare and then become sucessful.   It seems like there is some hidden force that allows large sucess only to occur by chance, not by sheer willpower of trying to manipulate the systems by using every trick in the book.

A few core questions I would like help on.

• What are the biggest traps, especially in youth in persuing this path?

• How do I know if I am doing something wrong?

• Should I "team" up with other people with a similar life purpose or is this a trap? What kind of people should I look out for, and what kind of people should I avoid?

• What actions will cause the most likely hood of failure?

• What part of "Me" is the most important to master for the purpose of being a revolutionry or revolutionary leader. (Leo said to me in a thread before in response to my question regarding how I am supposed to know if my life purpose is authentic or not. I saw I could almost cry thinking about it, it would take a bit of effot. He said to me that my life purpose probably wasnt powerful enough. I was taken aback by this and I thought to myself this possibly could not be the case. I REALLY want to cry thinking about it. He said it is that or I need to learn to shed tears of joy/master my emotions which is something I would have to Self-Actualize on.  

• Do I need a college degree to be a respected revolutionary leader. (I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday and he told me that if you do not have a college degree, why would people listent to you. He said I would get slagged off and ridiculed for not having a 3rd level education.)

• What is the best way to live the next 5 years of my life? ( I have two more years of compulsory schooling)

Ultiamately, I suppose I have to learn the answers to these questions the hard way. 

Edited by Lorcan

10 minutes ago, Lorcan said:

I am young, I am 15. I realize and accept that the journey will be long and arduous. I also might fail.

Don't change the world, change yourself, grow into a meditator. You are only 15. When you are young, it is the easiest thing possible. It looks very difficult because you have not tried it yet. Give it a try. 

Why are you worried about the rest of the world? Let the world worry about itself. And you are not worried about what will happen to the rest of the world if you remain ignorant.... If you are ignorant, what happens to the rest of the world? You create misery. Not that you knowingly do it, you are misery -- so whatsoever you do, you sow seeds of misery all around.

Please leave the world to itself. You can do only one thing, and that is, you can achieve inner silence, inner bliss, inner light. If you achieve this, you have helped the world very much. Just by changing one ignorant spot into an enlightened flame, just by changing one person from darkness into light, you have changed a part of the world. And this changed part will have its own chain reactions. Buddha is not dead. Jesus is not dead. They cannot be dead because there is a chain reaction -- from one lamp, from one flame, another flame takes over. And a successor is created, and they go on living. But if your light is not there, if your lamp is without a flame, you cannot help anyone. The first basic thing is that you must attain your inner flame. Then others can share. Then you can kindle others' light also. Then it becomes a succession.

If you become enlightened, whatsoever you do -- or you need not do anything -- just your being, your presence will help others to flower, to be happy, to be blissful. But that should not be your concern. The first thing is how to be enlightened. 

Enlightment would be easier and more people would know about it in a highly high consciousness society.

Thus, more joy is experianced by people.

Focusing EXCLUSIVELY on my self and saying "fuck it, I'll get enlightened,everyone else can suffer" to the rest if the world who have no idea what enlightment is and live sad miserable lives indulging in shallow impulses and shallow lifestyles.

To me this is not right. Why is my happiness the most important?

If we lived a in a highly self-actualized society, perhaps then I would focus exclusively on myself. But we dont.

I will not leave the world to itself. Is that not what most people are doing nowdays? Kicking the can down the road hoping that someone will pick it.

If I leave the world to its own, where is the guarantee someone is going to pick up the can?

@Lorcan

15 I can change the world

20 am i living up to my potential

25 i must develop myself

30 each person is in their own reality 

35 one can only change, not be changed

40 life is short, the purpose is happiness. Anything worthwhile for any other person can only come from what development I do for me. I can't change anyone else, let alone the world. I can only be an example, because there is nowhere that relativity is not.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Lorcan

Everyone thinks as if he is the center and he has to worry about the whole world, and change the whole world, transform the whole world, create a utopia. All that you can do is just change yourself. You cannot change the world. You can create more mischief trying to change it; you can create more chaos; you can harm; and you can puzzle. Already the world is too puzzled. You can puzzle it more and confuse it more.

Buddhas never die, enlightened persons never die, because their light becomes a chain reaction. And unenlightened persons never live, because they cannot create any chain, they don't have any light to share, no flame to kindle someone else's flame. Please be concerned with yourself only. Be selfish, I say, because that is the only way you will become selfless, that is the only way you can become a help and a blessing to the world. Don't be worried about it; that is not your concern. The greater your worries are, the greater you think your responsibilities are. And the greater your responsibilities, the more you feel yourself as being great.  Get out of this madness of helping others. Just help yourself. That's all that can be done. And then many things happen... but they happen as a consequence. Once you become a source of light, things start happening. Many will share it, man will be enlightened through it, many will attain life, more life, abundant life through it. But don't think about it. You cannot do anything about it consciously. Only one thing can be done and that is: you can become conscious. Then everything follows.

A few core questions I would like help on.

What are the biggest traps, especially in youth in persuing this path?

Watch the video of Leo: Advice to hight school and college students (or something like that).

How do I know if I am doing something wrong?

If  you find yourself on the same path or side as the crowd (the 99% of population), than it's time to switch directions. Health is also an indicator, if your health suffers, something is not working properly.

Should I "team" up with other people with a similar life purpose or is this a trap? What kind of people should I look out for, and what kind of people should I avoid?

If you want to have a huge impact on the world I would recommend you isolate yourself from society not matter how you percieve it to be. Extremely successful people live in their own reality. Than after a few years of being by yourself (no socializing), you Will become comfortable with your own company and if you get sucked into some cult or toxic relationships/friendships than you can switch on a dime to being alone because you Will not fear being alone.  After that period you will develop confidence, than you can start socializing with hight level people (hang out where they hang out) and find common ground. If somebody EVER lies to you, disrespects you, puts you down than just walk away and never return. Look for people who are doing what the mojority of society at that age is doing, if they are walk away.

What actions will cause the most likely hood of failure?

This is a very broad question because it's all inter connected. If you fail at maintaining perfect mental clarity and health than all other areas Will suffer, so focus on perfecting your nutrition and exercising first. If something is not working it Will affect your routine and you Will know that because you Will fall out of integrity.  So focus on maintaing a rithym and the best rythm I can think of is nutrition and exercise (or some habits like a morning routine, waking up at the same time every day...) if somehow you fall out of integrity with that, you need to document that in your journal.

What part of "Me" is the most important to master for the purpose of being a revolutionry or revolutionary leader. (Leo said to me in a thread before in response to my question regarding how I am supposed to know if my life purpose is authentic or not. I saw I could almost cry thinking about it, it would take a bit of effot. He said to me that my life purpose probably wasnt powerful enough. I was taken aback by this and I thought to myself this possibly could not be the case. I REALLY want to cry thinking about it. He said it is that or I need to learn to shed tears of joy/master my emotions which is something I would have to Self-Actualize on.  

Master your emotions. Become emotionaly stable. Develop your emotional intelligence.

Do I need a college degree to be a respected revolutionary leader. (I was having a discussion with a friend yesterday and he told me that if you do not have a college degree, why would people listent to you. He said I would get slagged off and ridiculed for not having a 3rd level education.)

You don't need it, find examples of people who have succeded and have been college drop outs. However I would not drop out if your in school, just do the bare minimum to have a decent lifestyle (people who are rich are not employed, they own a business). You need to calculate everything. Hoiw mutch you Will need for food, shelter... and how mutch money Will be enough so you can invest it (as part of your salary). Work for 2 years at a job, get enought capital and start a business. Learn to scale it.

What is the best way to live the next 5 years of my life? ( I have two more years of compulsory schooling)

Isolate yourself as much as possible. Study personal development as much as possible (forget about business). You need to first master yourself and than you can master others, you can't master others by not being a master of yourself.

@Prabhaker Right on. Take a look at what Jesus brought to humanity, then take a look around the world. It is fruitless to try to reconcile the two. Only go within. 

The most common trap is trying to change the world.  Each person is a world / reality, relative to the topic of change. 

I recall reading something in the "Guide to the Good life by William. B Irvine" regarding the conduct of stoics politically.

It was something about how even though a stoic will not go about seeking to attain wealth or power, but will often attain it anyway.

So can this some logic be applied with what you are telling me to do Nahm an Prabhaker. Seeing that you referenced Jesus it would seem so.

The point is to make a change. So I need to shift my desires awat from making the change in order to make the change, and since my desire will have shiften, the change will most likely occur anyway?

So if I try to manipulate the world I will fail.

If I do not try to manipulate the world I might succeed in attaining the thing that I originally wanted.

Then how is my life-purpose possible. Is it not in Leo's list of viable life purposes to hihgly reduce government corruption? 

Edited by Lorcan

@Lorcan

The only way is to cleanse people’s unconscious with meditation, fill their inner being with light. It is only meditation that gives you a clean heart, which cannot be corrupted. Then power can never be misused, then power can be a blessing — it is going to be creative. Then you are going to do something to make life more lovable, more livable; to make existence a little more beautiful. 

Power in the hands of a man like Gautam Buddha will not corrupt; on the contrary, it will help humanity  raise its consciousness. 

You are limiting yourself with all this thinking and preconceptions. It's not hard, you make it hard.

"What are the biggest traps, especially in youth in persuing this path?"

Not having fun and sex.

"How do I know if I am doing something wrong?"

You feel it.

"Should I "team" up with other people with a similar life purpose or is this a trap? What kind of people should I look out for, and what kind of people should I avoid?"

Yes, team up. You will know.

"What actions will cause the most likely hood of failure?"

Thinking too much like you are doing.

"Do I need a college degree to be a respected revolutionary leader"

No.

"What is the best way to live the next 5 years of my life?"

Why are you asking me?

No, you don't need to cry, you don't need to do what Leo says. You are thinking too much, you need to develop your intuition. Be simple.

2 hours ago, HikiNEET said:

You are limiting yourself with all this thinking and preconceptions. It's not hard, you make it hard.

"What are the biggest traps, especially in youth in persuing this path?"

Not having fun and sex.

"How do I know if I am doing something wrong?"

You feel it.

"Should I "team" up with other people with a similar life purpose or is this a trap? What kind of people should I look out for, and what kind of people should I avoid?"

Yes, team up. You will know.

"What actions will cause the most likely hood of failure?"

Thinking too much like you are doing.

"Do I need a college degree to be a respected revolutionary leader"

No.

"What is the best way to live the next 5 years of my life?"

Why are you asking me?

No, you don't need to cry, you don't need to do what Leo says. You are thinking too much, you need to develop your intuition. Be simple.

This is why I said this "Ultiamately, I suppose I have to learn the answers to these questions the hard way."

This thread was so people could give their two cents on the matter and so I could observe and possibly learn from what they have to say.

Maybe you are right. I am thinking too much.

I have got what I have wanted from this thread. Thank you everyone who participated.