Rishabh R

Significant reduction in my anxiety .

8 posts in this topic

I have observed that my anxiety is significantly reduced and the key was - taking action despite anxiety . Be it in social situations or at work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rishabh R Nice!


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup and guys you know what if you feel uncomfortable or anxious before telling anything to a woman - it's a sign that you are about to be  vulnerable and attractive so thereby expressing yourself anyway is necessary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Rishabh R if you keep going like this you will have more and more confidence, it is just a matter of willpower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found that eliminating rumination and hesitation are key to overcoming anxiety. Anxiety can be debilitating @Rishabh R

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

I found that eliminating rumination and hesitation are key to overcoming anxiety. Anxiety can be debilitating @Rishabh R

How'd you do it?


There is no failure, only feedback

One small step at a time. No one climbs a mountain in one go.

Certified cutie. The best to ever do it. 62-0🥊.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ulax someone's anxieties are specific to them, but in my case it was about control and trust in myself. My anxieties were around being in situations with people and feeling a sense that things could get out of control, and that I wouldn't be able to cope with it. This would also make me hesitant to enter into certain new situations. In a word "fear". Fear of embarrassment, fear of violence, fear of humiliation etc.

I'd constantly ruminate about upcoming things that I was anxious about. I would endlessly mentally rehearse situations to make sure I had all angles covered and how I would "control" the situation. 

I'm not exactly sure how I started to overcome anxiety, but it probably started with a kind of meditation. I had incessant inner dialogue as I've just got that sort of mind. It was a kind of experiment where I thought "I'm going to stop that voice in my head", and so I started to practise constantly at it and it literally took me years to master it. 

Another strong revelation was that the future couldn't ever hurt me now. In a real sense I realised that I was always safe in the moment. At some point I started to leave my future self to worry about what to do - he could deal with it! That separation along with a silent mind, really helped me stop ruminating and reduced my anxiety tremendously. 

The last thing was learning how not to hesitate before entering a potentially difficult situation. The bottom line with taking any action is a binary choice: either you do it, or you don't. Any emotion you attach to a choice is completely arbitrary and invented by you, including anxiety. My last revelation was that choice and emotion have nothing to do with each other, the choice itself is neutral. That sort of thinking really allows you freedom to not hesitate if you don't have to, you choose, yes or no, and take the consequences either way - letting your future self take care of it.

It's about trust in your abilities, you are a lot stronger and capable than you could possibly imagine. Once I had trust in myself, I had control, and no anxiety.

Edited by LastThursday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now