Mellowmarsh

Changing our Minds about Nonduality

35 posts in this topic

Nonduality should enhance your duality experience, not negate it.  Many use nonduality as a way to escape from duality.  If only it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Willy Phallicus said:

Nonduality should enhance your duality experience, not negate it.  Many use nonduality as a way to escape from duality.  If only it worked.

That maybe true in your personal assessment, but I personally have never viewed nondualism as a form of escapism. 
In fact the opposite was recognised to be true in that there was the stark realisation of no way to escape or disappear through some hidden trap door. That this was inescapable. So for me it’s both liberating and terrifying at the same time.

 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spirituality consists of opening yourself to the limitless, living source of reality and becoming one with it. It is something absolutely real, yet it cannot be defined or structured.

All that talk about non-duality is merely philosophy; it remains within the conceptual mental structure. The distinction between the self being illusory or real is simply a matter of definition. The self is the self, period; its classification doesn't matter. What matters is its essence, what reality is in its essence.

Btw, that affirmation that says that only one between 5 million can understand non duality is a proof of the level of fake and pathetic elitist history that non duality is. Do you believe special because you understand jim Newman? Wow. Others feel special because are MAGA. Others because they believe that are god. Many special people everywhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

Yes, as already stated up thread, every word describes.

Right on... just thought I'd give my old favorite record another spin, just to be safe (and because I know how much you love those spinning records, hehehe).

spinning-turtle-on-broken-record-sh6pf30b5rivb90v-2039869523.gif

:D


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I often shift from duality to nonduality for various reasons. Most of you probably do too.


When the secret is revealed to you, you will know that you are not other than God, but that you yourself are the object of your quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Hyperion said:

Right on... just thought I'd give my old favorite record another spin, just to be safe (and because I know how much you love those spinning records, hehehe).

spinning-turtle-on-broken-record-sh6pf30b5rivb90v-2039869523.gif

:D

I didn’t mean to hate on the image, it’s just my style of weird expression when the Terrapin Station record was mentioned it prompted me to post that image because it was just what came to mind. Certain words trigger me to play the clown that’s all. I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and if I was I apologise.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Btw, that affirmation that says that only one between 5 million can understand non duality is a proof of the level of fake and pathetic elitist history that non duality is. Do you believe special because you understand jim Newman? Wow. Others feel special because are MAGA. Others because they believe that are god. Many special people everywhere 

Try not to take this too seriously. I openly admit I’m just a parroting idiot repeating stuff I’ve read somewhere as if I believed it. I’m a poser. No big deal.

And no I don’t think I’m special, but at the same time it’s true, not many people grasp what non duality is pointing to, my god even you must agree with that, how many people have you met in your lifetime who fully understand nonduality?


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mellowmarsh said:

I don’t mean to be disrespectful, and if I was I apologise.

Lol wut? What on earth made you think that I was in any way offended?

Listen... I may be a grump, but I am not that much of a grump. 😂


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hyperion said:

Lol wut? What on earth made you think that I was in any way offended?

Listen... I may be a grump, but I am not that much of a grump. 😂

I was just surprised you posted it here, like you were trying to make a point to me, so I just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 7


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Btw, that affirmation that says that only one between 5 million can understand non duality is a proof of the level of fake and pathetic elitist history that non duality is. Do you believe special because you understand jim Newman? Wow. Others feel special because are MAGA. Others because they believe that are god. Many special people everywhere 

Btw, you need to simmer down and not get too enraged with bitterness toward all things Nondual, it’s teachers and teachings, especially religious god idolising self serving indulgent fests, especially metaphysical and maga stuff .

We’re all born into the same loony bin here, including me and you. Just try to laugh more. That usually helps. It’s just not worth getting hung up on. I don’t take anything that comes out of my mouth seriously, I just love the sound of my own squawks like the best of us. 


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

so I just put 2 and 2 together and came up with 7

 

il_fullxfull.7172405401_mpok-2550263092.jpg


The World Is Illusion.

Only Brahman Is Real.

The World Is Brahman.                                                 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cetus said:

I often shift from duality to nonduality for various reasons. Most of you probably do too.

Currently going through this shift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Miguel1 said:

Currently going through this shift

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

That maybe true in your personal assessment, but I personally have never viewed nondualism as a form of escapism. 

Be that as it may, there are definitely people who go to the extreme with it as a way to avoid something.

58 minutes ago, Mellowmarsh said:

In fact the opposite was recognised to be true in that there was the stark realisation of no way to escape or disappear through some hidden trap door.

Wellllll nothing is imp....no, no you're right.  There's nowhere to go as the hardcore nondualist will remind you funnily enough.

1 hour ago, Mellowmarsh said:

So for me it’s both liberating and terrifying at the same time.

It is both a blessing and a curse to be called to life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now