Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Juan

Hogwarts Legacy is AMAZING!

4 posts in this topic

Last week I finished watching the 7 movies (I missed the last 3 for years so I did a marathon), and I hopped on the Legacy game and what a blast so far! I thought it would be an easy game for the fans but I was so wrong, the game has a lot of depth, I’m 10 hours in and without spoiling important details, the game friking keep adding new mechanics after such hours! And I’m 10% completing the game so it’s quite lengthy.

I been doing a lot of side quests so sure you could’ve done it faster, but the side quests itself are fun too, many of them have a story (probably referencing the books/deep cuts).

Story is unique, very different than the movies. Gameplay is quite fun, with a lot of spells that you don’t see in the movie and surprisingly challenging combat at times. 

You could say this is the GTA for Harry Potter, there is a lottt of stuff to do outside Hogwarts too. I haven’t finished the game of course but the game is giving me a good 9/10 so far, too early to conclude but that’s the vibes and fun degree I’m having.

Only complaint so far is that it doesn’t have multiplayer. If you watched the movies then you’d be for a ride of nostalgia, if not it’s still a fun experience.

The version I’m playing is Switch 2. Will keep it updated if anything on my score changes or extra thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played it but I researched it, it's for sure one of the most successful game adaptations in recent memory.

You're in luck, they're working on the sequel as we speak! 

Which movie is your favorite and how come? 


Building a global media agency. Follow my progress on Instagram

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LordFall said:

I haven't played it but I researched it, it's for sure one of the most successful game adaptations in recent memory.

If you watched the movies this is the ultimate fantasy aside from going to Disney.

2 hours ago, LordFall said:

Which movie is your favorite and how come? 

Azkaban and Half Blood Prince. I like the art direction of Azkaban, sadly it was too much pressure for the director to continue the other movies which I understand, I’ve done some production back in highschool. 

Half Blood Prince I see many fans not liking it but I like the chaos of the romance (which feels authentic to me) interrupting the seriousness of the movie. It’s a good tension breaker and if we keep in mind that they’re still in “high school”, makes perfect sense their reactions, it was hilarious for me.

What about you? 

Edited by Juan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Juan said:

Azkaban and Half Blood Prince. I like the art direction of Azkaban, sadly it was too much pressure for the director to continue the other movies which I understand, I’ve done some production back in highschool. 

Half Blood Prince I see many fans not liking it but I like the chaos of the romance (which feels authentic to me) interrupting the seriousness of the movie. It’s a good tension breaker and if we keep in mind that they’re still in “high school”, makes perfect sense their reactions, it was hilarious for me.

What about you? 

Sweet, I'm rewatching all the movies over the next few months to study worldbuilding for my own dark fantasy project.

I watched Order of the Phoenix a few weeks ago and it's definitely not my favorite. I like how it shows autocracy sweeping over Hogwarts through Umbridge but apart from that it's pretty mid.

I'll update you when I watch more but I remember Chamber of Secrets fondly. It had a survival horror vibe that's unique compared to the rest and it's where we really start fearing Voldemort. 

Thanks for sharing the film director clip, I'll watch it after I rewatch Azkaban and repost on this thread. I've been shooting a lot of content for my brands and clients over the last few years so it gave me a new unique appreciation for movies. Shooting a high quality 3 min Instagram Reel is difficult enough, I'm mind blown that people do it for 2 hour movies. Gosh the video editing on that must be a nightmare, movie editors are massively underrated. I hate video editing like the plague lol. 

 

16 hours ago, Juan said:

If you watched the movies this is the ultimate fantasy aside from going to Disney.

I don't know if you're into VR but if not yet perhaps worth getting a headset and giving it a go. It's at least 5x the immersion of playing a video game on a screen. There's a famous mod for Hogwarts Legacy that people seem to like!

 

Edited by LordFall

Building a global media agency. Follow my progress on Instagram

The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0