Nivsch

Israel's Election Campaign: An Ongoing Look at All Candidates in Their Own Words

155 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2026 at 0:59 PM, Heaven said:

He was my favorite though.

A guy with an interntional arrest warrant for crimes against humanity that will not dare go to court and face his charges is your favourite?

I am geniounly amazed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Karmadhi said:

I mean after 9/11 USA population  at large did not have the genocidal mindset

Because America has no local population left to genocide.

Israel isn't doing genocide out of anger, it is doing it out of a practical necessity to claw back land. America did the same with its natives.

Israel does not care about eliminating Arabs, it cares about getting "their" land back. And also increasing security by eliminating terrorist breeding grounds.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Karmadhi Yes, I understand why it seems that way for many people and I think your explanations are valid. On the other hand the more mascular man became such for some reason, and not necessarily overcame his emotional issues so inside it still can be vulnerable and act from that state of mind.

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is it for today. In Israel it is 2:10 and though I always have a tendency to coast into the night (probably a genetic thing) I also don't want to twist the days upside down 🤷‍♂️ so good night. @Karmadhifor you its 1:10 I guess so what are you doing here too

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

A guy with an interntional arrest warrant for crimes against humanity that will not dare go to court and face his charges is your favourite?

I am geniounly amazed 

He said "was"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Opposition Leader Lapid

" Yinon Magal Is Part of Hamas’s Plan

Hamas’s grand scheme, its broader plan, was not just the October 7 massacre. The plan was to make the most successful country in the Middle East — an open, creative, free and democratic country — turn into a closed, extremist, frightened, suspicious and vengeful one.

Hamas wanted us to stop being the Start-Up Nation, with a GDP higher than Italy’s and Britain’s; to stop being America’s closest ally, with more Nobel Prizes than China; and instead become just another bloody, isolated Middle Eastern country, filled with hatred and addicted to revenge.

Hamas wanted Yinon Magal to say on the radio that Yarden Bibas — who lost his nine-month-old baby, his four-year-old son and his 32-year-old wife — is “one of the most despicable people in Israel,” and that he must not be forgiven for not voting for Netanyahu. That is Hamas’s great dream: for us to become a country where everything is desecrated, even bereavement.

Hamas and Yinon Magal want to turn us into a country trapped in an endless war abroad and a civil war at home. Not merely a country that fears its neighbors, but one whose friends fear what it has become, and whose citizens fear one another.

That is Hamas’s only chance — and, in Yinon Magal’s view, his only chance of winning the election: if we destroy ourselves from within, they will be able to destroy us from without.

Our enemies — Hamas, Iran and Qatar — operate a sophisticated, well-funded and dangerous media, influence and political apparatus whose purpose is to make us stop believing in the IDF, the Shin Bet and Israeli democracy. Yinon Magal tells us exactly the same thing: stop believing in the IDF; the Shin Bet cannot be trusted; bereaved families are despicable. Yes, that is the word he used: “despicable.”

Our enemies wanted us to fear one another. It appears throughout the intelligence material. The rift within Israeli society is one of the objectives of Hamas, Qatar and Iran. Yinon Magal is helping them. For three years, he has been forcing the most frightening theory of all down our throats — the theory of “betrayal from within.” There is no greater gift to Hamas. There is no greater betrayal from within than all this talk of betrayal from within.

Today is October 7. We need to decide: what is the story we tell about this day? Fear, or courage? Incitement and hatred, or love and mutual responsibility? The deranged lie of betrayal from within, or faith in the IDF and its soldiers? Yinon Magal’s poison, or Yarden Bibas’s longing for his dead children? "

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/1CHrzcfQgv/

Screenshot_20261007-131601_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The performance I like the most In the context of Oct7

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is going on in the Negev? I saw on the news that motorcyclists with Ra'am Party flags held a motorcade and were arrested.

What? Why? Ben-Gvir wrote on X.com that they were "driving against the law". How? How is this against the law? They were driving on public roads and waving the flag of a legal political party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Husseinisdoingfine He sees them as cooperating with terorrism because this party have connections with the Muslim Brotherhood. 

Mansour Abbas has publicly denied that Raam is part of the Muslim Brotherhood, while at the same time acknowledged some ideological similarities.

Edited by Nivsch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7.10.2026 at 1:10 AM, Leo Gura said:

I am sorry you are caught in the middle of it.

I appreciate that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bennett

" Since October 7, I have attended more than 500 funerals and condolence visits.

It changes you from within.

You cannot encounter so much pain, love, and courage and remain the same person.

You sit across from parents who have lost their son. You listen to stories about a daughter who will never come home. And you carry something with you from every home and every family.

I want to share a few personal insights from this painful journey:

Tell the people we love how much we love them while they are still alive.

So many times, I have heard bereaved families speak of that burning sense of regret:

"If only I could tell him now how proud I am of him and how much I love him..."

"If only I had one more chance to hug her."

More than once, I have found myself leaving a funeral or a condolence visit and immediately calling my mother to ask how she is doing, or calling my wife, Gilat, just to tell her I love her, for no particular reason, in the middle of the day.

Don't keep kind words to yourself.

I have learned that an extraordinary young generation has grown up here, unlike any other in the world.

A typical 20-year-old American woman may have attended just one funeral in her entire life, perhaps that of a grandmother who passed away peacefully at an old age.

Young Israelis of the same age have, sadly, attended countless funerals in recent years.

It is heartbreaking.

I look into the faces of young soldiers as I speak with them at funerals, and I can see the horrors of battle and the grief of losing their friends etched into their faces.

As though they have grown up overnight.

But I also see determination in their eyes, a burning belief that they have the power to make things right.

This generation is our hope.

In the coming years, more heroes will emerge from among them, men and women who will join the country's leadership and rebuild Israel.

Bereavement is not contagious.

Many people hesitate to approach bereaved families.

They are afraid to come closer, to speak, to ask questions.

Many families say that because those around them are overly cautious, they are left to face their pain alone.

People simply don't know what to say.

"It's as if we're fragile," one woman told me, "or as if this grief is contagious."

Bereavement is not contagious.

What is contagious is the courage of these people to say yes to life after death.

And their love for this country, which has been tested in the hardest way imaginable.

So don't be afraid to approach them.

Simply ask, even if you don't know them:

"Tell me about your son."

Give them a hug.

You won't catch their grief.

You'll only catch their love of life.

"Being worthy of them" is not just a slogan.

Bereaved families plead with us and demand of us, standing over the graves of their loved ones, that we become more united.

That we put an end to the internal divisions that weaken us so deeply.

Sometimes, on my way home from such a funeral, I turn on the car radio, only to switch it off again almost immediately.

The gap between the final wishes of these families and the petty arguments in politics and the media is simply unbearable.

It is the responsibility of all of us to fix this.

Mine, too.

In their death, they commanded us to live.

When you read the heartbreaking farewell letters left behind by soldiers before heading into battle, one request appears again and again:

They ask their families and friends not to sink into grief, but to make every effort to go on living.

This message is so universal that we can reasonably assume even those who fell without leaving a farewell letter would have wanted to convey exactly the same message to all of us.

The shortest farewell message I have ever read contained just three words in Hebrew.

Sergeant Itay Amar, of blessed memory, wrote it in a note on his phone before entering Gaza.

He was killed in battle in Gaza at just 19 years old.

When his family opened the note on his locked phone during the shiva, the seven-day mourning period, they discovered these words:

"Stay happy for me."

To all the bereaved families: We swear to do everything in our power to fulfill the final wishes of your sons and daughters.

To make things right and to be worthy of them.

This is our life's mission. "

https://x.com/naftalibennett/status/2108449884688760875?s=20

Screenshot_20261010-142934_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now