Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack k

Dreams About Reality

13 posts in this topic

I keep having really dark feeling dreams about the nature of reality. The one I had last night consisted of me knowing i've lived millions and millions of lives and the point was trying to understand that nothing is real. Im actually very scared of nothing being real. I love the world so much, my friends and family. I want them to be real I want it all to be real, to mean something. Im scared of it all being just me. So I get that thats what they're trying to tell me, showing me my fear. 

They're basically like someone who i consider to be "asleep" or just would never sit down and meditate looking at me and telling me "I'm you, this isn't real" and then I wake up into another dream and it happens again. 

Thoughts?

Edited by jack k
typo

49 minutes ago, jack k said:

Thoughts?

That's your problem right there.

@jack k Even if life wasn't real, and it was all just a dream, which is what most enlightened people tells us

That wouldn't still be an issue.

In a lucid dream, you can still be happy and enjoy life,  even though you know it's all a joke (and it still feels very real anyway).

Your mind is telling you all this stuff, because it's afraid, and if your mind is afraid, then it's the best time to dive into this fear, that's how you can transcend it.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

45 minutes ago, jack k said:

nothing is real

Knower is real - you are real.

53 minutes ago, jack k said:

The one I had last night consisted of me knowing i've lived millions and millions of lives

According to many religions you don't have only one life, you have millions of lives - transmigration of life. Hindus say there are eight hundred and forty million species, and you have passed through them all; then you have become man. 

Eight hundred and forty million is a very big number. And that's why Hindus say that once you are born a man, don't waste this life, because it is so precious, you have struggled for it for so long, for millions of lives you have waited for it. And for what are you wasting it -- food, drink, sex? Eight hundred and forty million lives spent waiting for this life, and then wasting this life in futile things!

@Prabhaker  if there is no future and past, where those eight hundred and forty million lives occurred? 

Seems like it is just a nice story for the mind to chew. 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

3 minutes ago, Galyna said:

if there is no future and past, where those eight hundred and forty million lives occurred? 

We are eternal,  past and future belong to mind, not to existence. Existence is eternal, everything , eight hundred and forty million lives , belong to eternity.

The present is eternal, the present is. It is always here and now, an eternal now. In reality there is no past and there is no future. 

Real time -- is not a process. It is a simultaneity. Future, past, present are not three separate things; so there is no need to join them. It is eternal now, it is eternity. It is not that time is passing by, by your side. 

Because we cannot see the total time -- our eyes are confined, limited; we are looking out of small slits -- that's why it seems you can see only one moment at a time. It is your limitation, not a division of time. Because you cannot see the whole time as it is -- because you are not whole yet -- that's why.

Time is an illusion, there is no time, there is no such a thing as time, time is a human psychological construction which arises out of our need to make sense of the changing universe around us.  

If you bring your samadhi, suddenly, the knowledge of ultimate reality, because the moment you look with samadhi the distinction between present, future, and past disappears. They dissolve. The distinction is false. Suddenly you become aware of eternity. Then time is a simultaneity. The moment your mind stops moving, suddenly you realize that time has stopped. So it is significant to understand that it is your mind that has stopped, not time.

32 minutes ago, Galyna said:

if there is no future and past, where those eight hundred and forty million lives occurred? 

Seems like it is just a nice story for the mind to chew. 

If there is no future and past, when were you born ?

A dream is very real.

"Upon awakening (satori) mountains no longer seem like mountains and trees no longer seem like trees, upon enlightenment mountains are once again mountains and trees are one again trees"

Im afraid of losing the world, but its like I'm being pulled and theres no stopping it. Truly tumbling down the rabbit hole 

5 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

If there is no future and past, when were you born ?

That's actually a good self-inquiry question.

"How do I know I've been born"

"What is it born ?"

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Prabhaker Was I born? I doubt it, lol.

I know that time is a mental construction,  I am researching alot in this direction,  but I don't believe in reincarnation. That is why I was asking you...

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

1 minute ago, Galyna said:

I know that time is a mental construction,  I am researching alot in this direction

You can know existentially, but you can't research intellectually.