mmKay

Horror Movies?

63 posts in this topic

On 4.10.2026 at 8:11 AM, Cubbage said:

Martyrs

 

IYKYK

 

The most profound AND disturbing horror movie I've seen. I can sit through anything, but I've only ever seen that twice and don't plan on seeing it again. Very brave and creative extreme French (mental bastards those lot) horror film. 

Martyrs is just there to shock, disturb and traumatize. Horror movies can also shock, disturb and and traumatize. But Martyrs is not a horror movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/07/2026 at 9:36 PM, mmKay said:

Does anyone here watch horror movies? Why do you even watch them?

I can imagine it's an acquired taste but it's so far away from anything I'd consume I just wonder how is there an audience for it...

Is it content mostly for psychopaths?

i used to watch them to distract me from difficult situations and emotions. 

but my mind remembers these images and still has the most vivid horror fantasies in very inconvenient situations... and it's worse than being scared of being attacked by another person, because my brain thinks some supernatural monsters could just materialise out of thin air. 

 

the last one i watched was Smile...that was quite horrible. 

when i was a teenager i watched one of the Conjuring movies (the one with the Nun.....aaaah!) and i still wonder how i sat through that on my own... i wouldn't dare watch that now. 

Edited by Judy2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2026 at 3:36 PM, mmKay said:

Does anyone here watch horror movies? Why do you even watch them?

I can imagine it's an acquired taste but it's so far away from anything I'd consume I just wonder how is there an audience for it...

Is it content mostly for psychopaths?

Love horror movies. I would think psychopaths particularly would hate them as they don't feel the emotions involved in the viewing journey.

I find them much more gripping than action movies that tend to be repetitive slop due to lazy use of common tropes. A lot of horror films have more unique inspirations.

I liked the Saw series a lot for how uniquely terrifying it is, the Alien franchise is also great and I enjoyed Freddy vs Jason a lot too. 

Science fiction often blends with horror into a uniquely fascinating piece of media. 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram : Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now