Jordan wang

Action Or Focus?

5 posts in this topic

Everyone into self development talks about how action is the game. Action is everything. If you have an idea, take action. 

But the thing is: we also have to focus like a laser beam so that we only work on one or a few things at a time. Because successful people concentrate and specialize. there seems like a conflict here.

If I take action on every good idea that comes up to my mind, that would distract me? (trust me I got a lot of good ideas)

I am focusing on swimming and studying right now, anything else is a distraction?

should I act on my ideas or not? Any opinions?

Jordan wang

Check out my self development & adventure youtube channel and improve with me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1w32b0EuoBkLobBkqX65xw?view_as=subscriber

You will always have more ideas than the time needed to act on them.

Later you may even find that the only action of importance is letting go.

@Jordan wang The goal is to only ever do what you want to do. The work is to change yourself to make that true. 

Clarity...Ideas...create with your imagination....then focus....then inspiration...then action. 

Watch out for the oh so slippery slope of seeking validation through hard work. Lots of people waste their whole life in this mindset. 

Act from inspiration

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Self-awareness is crucial here. You have to know who you are and what you're trying to accomplish. Then, you focus on only the critical few activities that give you the most results for the least amount of effort, in regards to your purpose.

However, one can wait an eternity for a divine revelation to hit you and tell you exactly what you need to do. There's also the danger of overthinking your overthinking and getting stuck in thought paralysis, not to mention information overload.

The key is to start and figure it out along the way. It's like peeling back the onion layer by layer. You may change your course if you quit certain commitments of pick up new activities, but you will stay in alignment with your North Star.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter where you're going, as long as you keep going. As long as you stay in motion and are guided by intuition, magical things will begin to happen. Trust the process.

Stay Empowered
Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

When you get your inner game right the action starts to take care of itself.  When the resistance disappears we get auto-correction. If you think about it you are working all the time already.  The key is to re-program that "natural working" you're already doing to different tasks.  But it's a gradual transition.  Make it a labor of love that even the lower-you could learn to grudgingly accept. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor