faith

Your Prediction For The Future Of Wealth Distribution?

5 posts in this topic

I am sure many of you're aware that:

71 percent of the population own 3 percent of global wealth (3 billion people)

21 percent of the population own 12.5 percent of global wealth (1 billion people)

7.4 percent of the population own 39.4 percent of global wealth (349 million people)

0.7 percent of the population own 45.2 percent of global wealth (34 million people)

*The reason the numbers don't add up to 7 billion (our current global population) is because this, of course, doesn't include children. 

According to the source below, the wealth inequality is at an all time high. Maybe someone can give me a good explanation as to where this is going?

http://www.globalresearch.ca/top-1-percent-own-more-than-half-of-worlds-wealth/5482126

In capitalism capital gives leverage -> wealth inbalance would only grow. But as it grows by percentages of what poor have, it would grow slower and slower, reaching some asymptote. In parallel, world accumulates wealth and there is again something to trim off of the poor -> ratio would search a new even higher asymptote, but even slower. In the end I speculate, now small business margins, increasing society humanism and great new technologies, would bit by bit lead to game rules changing which would start slowly back the apportioning. Again, it would reach some balance and something of a counter tide would start, but that would be a drastically different society which is hard to predict.

Edited by Alex K

In the US, I think that the gap between rich and poor will continue to grow.  But certainly, the poorest of the poor in the US still have it pretty good compared to other countries.   But there are more jobs daily lost to technology, the truck driver and delivery man are the next to go.  I support a basic income for all instead of forcing people to seek "disability" status for mental health issues and chronic pain and "sad life syndrome". http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/05/05/prescription-for-disaster

@faith This simply breaks down to consciousness. An ant has a certain amount. A dog has a certain amount. A person doing the next most probable thing everyday has a certain amount. A person who sees the causations / probabilistic nature and lets go of their individualism becomes more of the everything. The consciousness is the everything (but not the nothing). So in terms of consciousness, there is separation / individual consciousness, and there is connection / more everything consciousness. This is just where the universe is relative to you now. Nothing to worry about though. Money and power have nothing on numbers. Changes for the masses only come from utilizing the sheer numbers of the masses. Many countries have already utilized Facebook to organize their masses and change things. Others will continue to follow. 

The more I focus on the lessor in this era, the more I am that.

The more I focus on the greater, the more I am that.

I'm just focus, choice and experience.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@faith I believe some sort of universal basic income is going to be inevitable in the future. 

More and more jobs are being automated, which should be a good thing. Apple, Microsoft, Google, Facebook they all have a massive surplus of money which should not be there sitting in their bank accounts. The payment of taxes should be globally regulated so that big companies cannot move it somewhere. Banks should be replaced by blockchains, which will destroy a huge amount of high profit jobs and greedy bankers.

That may all sound a bit optimistic, but yeah, my character is :)

Also check out this recent TED talk about basic income, very inspiring:
https://www.ted.com/talks/rutger_bregman_poverty_isn_t_a_lack_of_character_it_s_a_lack_of_cash

Edited by krazzer

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.