Rocky

I Don't Know Whether I'm Lacking Or Just Content In My Sex Life, Some Advice Would Be Helpful...

4 posts in this topic

I'm 19 and on a pretty intensive major at my university studying for a B.Sc in Mechatronics so naturally, i don't get as much free time currently as most people and i feel that to me personally despite what people tell me " your young you should be having the time of your life and etc." i currently see this as a higher priority, relationships and everything else second.

The thing is everyone  finds it a big deal how I'm still a virgin and don't have as large of a desire to go out and get a girlfriend, have sex and etc, i mean i don't have problems in doing it, I've brought girls around mine and theirs numerous times who I've been asked out by more than ever at this point in my life but it just seems like so much work just for a few minutes of pleasure that I have to constantly maintain and 9/10 to someone i can only artificially relate to. 

I've had people tell me they think I have low testosterone even though doctors seriously doubted it especially due to the fact that i have a pretty muscular build from going to the gym and I don't have libido problems, people tell me they think I'm gay or asexual when i really doubt that and idk what's wrong. I don't think anything is wrong at all i feel content with myself and have my priorities right I just think everyone else that tells me this is insecure on some level. 

But it has only occurred to me now that perhaps if so many people are telling me such things perhaps i should seek advice. In terms of am i actually missing out on something truly amazing?

I mean I've never had a truly serious relationship just lots of petty ones, and i certainly dont come across awkwardly or socially inept, i just think i have little more to grow from it. But tbh i don't think ive found anyone with the right personality to be with me (even though i know only a couple that would be and im pretty sure they dont want the same). 

The way I feel about relationships at my age just seem like a waste of time, just sucking up time and money, and just giving you drama literally just for sex and a girl that you only end up getting sick and annoyed of any way which just seems to end in a trainwreck. Like the input compared to the return in value just seems like a shit deal in every way.

Sorry about such a long winded personal mindfuck of a question, i don't think i fully understand this myself and dont know how to.But the number of remarks about his attitude and behaviour has led me to question myself, i don't know how to find the answers to this but in general, i feel fine. It's like being lost but being completely content about it.

Do you really not care about your dating life, or are you just avoiding having to put in effort?

That's not a way to go through life.

On 6/1/2017 at 6:03 AM, Rocky said:

The thing is everyone  finds it a big deal how I'm still a virgin and don't have as large of a desire to go out and get a girlfriend, have sex and etc,

I'm 19 and on a pretty intensive major at my university studying for a B.Sc in Mechatronic

i have a pretty muscular build from going to the gym

The way I feel about relationships at my age just seem like a waste of time, just sucking up time and money

You are a lucky guy, don't listen to anybody ! 

I can relate in some ways. I'm also 19 and I don't have high interest in sex or relationships because why would I have. Sure they can be fun, but I consider other things to be way more important. Sure I can get experience and practice which is cool, but I'm honestly pretty good at that stuff already having studied it and learned from past experiences. I'm still in a relationship which is more like seeing every one or two weeks and I mostly see it as being friends that support each other with some added benefits. Seeing more often would feel like a waste of time.

Some people have been weirded out by my approach to things as well, but considering the results I've been getting from self help and meditation I don't think I need to be worried. I rather focus on those things and I can assure you I've thought about these values a lot since many have questioned them. I still don't feel a need to change.

I might value relationships differently if I could live with that other person since then I could get more out of it.

The drama and losing lots of money isn't worth it. Find some really high quality girl or none at all, unless you just want to try stuff out or learn. Focus on improving yourself is what I'd say.