Afonso

How To Deal With Confusion In Spiritual Path?

9 posts in this topic

I have a basic idea of what enlightenment entails, and so I'm doing the practical work of meditating, concentrating, self-inquiry, etc.

However, I cannot read more than 50 pages of books about enlightenment because I get so confused about the Self, Brahman, stages of consciousness, existence vs. non-existence, the ground of existence, reality. At some point I just give up.

Any recommendations?

The answer will not be found in the books.  The concepts gathered cause confusion and make enlightenment more difficult to realize.

Just be still, be quiet, be present...cease thinking and be 100% devoted to the experience of the moment.  At that moment...are there any problems, do you lack anything, is there anything missing, etc.?  Without thinking - which means referring to past or future.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

15 hours ago, eputkonen said:

The answer will not be found in the books.  The concepts gathered cause confusion and make enlightenment more difficult to realize.

Well, one needs some sort of theoretical background...isn't it what you provide on your blog?

2 hours ago, Pierre said:

Well, one needs some sort of theoretical background...isn't it what you provide on your blog?

Not cryptic concepts though.

Eckhart Tolle, Rupert Spira, Leo Gura, Bentinho Massaro, Teal Swan, Adyashanti, Alan Watts

These are all great teachers that are very direct, I wouldn't recommand anything more, that's already too much concepts to learn.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Pierre said:

One does not need a theoretical background at all.  When I woke up, it was unlike anything I had ever read or studied before.  (I had never read or studied about awakening/enlightenment or nonduality prior to waking up and realizing nonduality directly).  So there was no theoretical background for me and yet it happened.

I do not blog to provide a theoretical background.  I just like talking about the subject.  And there happens to be many who like reading about the subject.  There are many questions and I answer them so I can talk about it.  Also, there are misunderstandings and ongoing myths that I like pointing out.

I know that for every question answered multiple more questions will arise...and I know that the thinking mind (of the questioner) will never get it.  Enlightenment can not be figured out.  Enlightenment does not come from acquiring the right knowledge.  In fact, the accumulated knowledge may become an obstacle to enlightenment...because if that knowledge is wrong or misunderstood, you could wake up and then deny it because it does not conform the the prior knowledge you gained.  And so this allows the ego to stay in power (this isn't it...so I need to do more)...instead of simply seeing through the ego and recognizing it for the mirage it is.

The concepts won't liberate...they are just more chains.  So when I am asked, how to wake up...I recommend to just be still, be quiet, be present...cease thinking and be 100% devoted to the experience of the moment.  Then perhaps ask yourself but once, "who am I?"  Then don't make any efforts to answer it, don't think, don't refer to past or future.  Just be still, be silent, be present.

Or variations...like what I posted to Afonso.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

@eputkonen Your trajectory seems a most uncommon one.

I wonder what you think of Leo and his 250 books!

4 minutes ago, Pierre said:

@eputkonen Your trajectory seems a most uncommon one.

I wonder what you think of Leo and his 250 books!

I have no thoughts or opinions about either.

Edited by eputkonen

@Afonso If you want to know what reality is, cut the shit and learn physics and quantum physics.  Meditate every day. The authors mentioned are great but again, if you want to know the truth, learn from the people who actually studied and understand what is known about reality vs people who are describing to you how they are experiencing it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Have you studied a lot of physics? I used to major in it but I switched to math, but I want to teach myself as well. Do you have recommended resources?