LifeandDeath

Kundalini Orgasmic Experience During Meditation - What The??

20 posts in this topic

I was meditating today for an hour and I was having these jolts rush up from my legs up my body

I haven't heard or read too much about kundalini but I imagine that's what these sensations are. They can vary from tingly feelings, to twitches, to jolts that knock my elbows and knees up and down. The more occasional powerful ones can tense my whole body in a spasm and almost is painful. But always more relaxing afterwards. Sometimes I get a throb in my groin as well (I'm male) and pleasant tingly feelings and sometimes some slight movement down there. 

But just today, wow. I almost had an orgasm. Now I did hear Ram Dass describe such a body-mind blow kundalini where he actually orgasmed, and after listening to that a month or so ago, I was jealous and desperately wanted to experience this. But today I almost did. I felt like I was penetrating and I almost came and at times felt on the verge of orgasm. Now what brought this on was actually me trying to 'ignore' or 'let these sensations go' as I was practising mindfulness of breath, and so was seeing every sensation experience as fleeting moments and trying to tune into my deeper sense of being and awareness. But it seemed the more I let these sensations come and go, the more intense they got, and the whole process left me heaving and almost thrusting my hips, trying to detach from the pleasure but not control it in any way. But I am conscious of not letting me slip into sexual urges as at the moment I'm attempting to let my sexual energy rise into higher consciousness than just gratifying and releasing it, so this practise was also in my mind. But I couldn't help get caught in it and I was thinking at the time I'm not going to repress it as I want to fully experience it without getting scared, but as long as I don't attach to it. It then passed and I continued on with my meditation with only one or two small kundalini's afterwards.

I wasn't going to tell anyone as I feel like when I have experiences, I feel the need to share, and sharing sometimes is gloating or my ego wanting to impress. So if I don't share the experience, then I'll cut my ego from the roots so I won't let my ego sneak in to my attempt to integrate my meditation experience into my daily practice. 

But this was too unreal to not share at least in this community, where I find I'm around like minded people. 

Firstly, has anyone else had similar orgasmic experience? Also, do you think I brought this on in some constructivist way? Or have I just hit another stage in my meditation? 

@LifeandDeath It sounds to me, based on my kundalini awakenings, that you didn't go all the way/you didn't build up enough pelvic energy.

After having a kundalini awakening, your whole worldview should shatter into pieces, you should go directly into a void like state, kind of like what I would imagine dmt being like.

You got close, but you didn't open it up. 

Practice building up prana energy on command, so that you can feel those 'jolts' rushing up your legs, whenever you feel like it. Then you'll be able to kundalini on command. That's when the real work happens.

@electroBeam What meditation technique did you use? I haven't had one of these yet. I think I might have been on the verge with a long SDS, but I'm not sure.

@electroBeam well, I did reach really soft breath afterwards, complete relaxation, and my monkey chatter stopped, and it did feel like a void. Although, my ego returned shortly afterwards as i started analysing what happened during my meditation, then I slipped back into formal meditation on breath as I did before. 

I think you are right, I didn't go all the way. 

Does that mean I needed to ejaculate to 'go all the way', or is it more about ego death? 

But anyhow, it was a pretty deep place I went directly afterwards, and I've been to some pretty deep places, so maybe for a newbie it could have been perspective shattering??? 

Although, I'm always looking for new depths, so I'm going to keep an open mind in that theres further territory for me to discover, and I'll start cultivating my kundalini practice and integrate it into my meditation 

thanks

@electroBeam Thanks, I haven't studied Taoism yet, but I'll definitely look into sometime in the future.

@LifeandDeath  I orgasmed during SDS once. I don't know much about energies or kundalini though.

2 minutes ago, LifeandDeath said:

@electroBeam is it more about ego death? 

yes more about ego death. Basically from what I see, Kundalini meditation is what crazy, experience driven extroverts use to get to ego death. Kundalini awakenings are about relaxation, but its more about controlling energy. Not necessarily keeping your mind quiet. If you want that, go to zen buddhism not energy work haha. 

And sexual energy is where the energy comes from, but this whole thing where you have to ejaculate, from my experience, is just bs. Its not about shooting sperm out of your dick like a ray gun, its about destroying your worldview.

@electroBeam What's your view on semen retention as a boon to spiritual practice? I've heard mixed things.  My main deterrent from trying it out is the supposed increased risk of prostate cancer.

@username from my xp, conserving your sexual energy actually is important for energy work - but not to the extent that the east makes out. 

You don't need to conserve heaps of sexual energy, but if you want to really get into the flow of the Dao(the way) or if you want to maintain kundalini awakenings on a weekly basis, chances are, you're not going to be able to have sex with a random girl every night.

There's a balance, you have to keep mindful of it. Retaining your sexual energy is unnecessary. There's a certain point where energy work plateaus, and retaining any more energy is pointless, but you do need to conserve it to a certain extent. The exact amount is up to you to discover, for me fapping at max 3 times a week, conserves just enough for maintaining energy related activities.

Intuition and experience tells me that suppressing the natural release of bodily fluids and sexual tension through the genitals is about as beneficial as blocking your sneezes, which I imagine are basically nasal orgasms. I think orgasms as well as sneezes and yawns are all thought to be governed by the parasympathetic nervous system. 

Experience also tells me that cranking off 3 or 4 orgasms a day for a few days in a row leaves me wanting to leave it alone for a few days. The desire to play diminishes or disappears after drawing out total satisfaction and releasing the tension so completely and effectively, or to the extent that I mentioned, overdoing it for whatever reason, but I don't feel that I lose other energy or vitality. I don't feel weakened in any manner, I'm just not horny for a day. Horny is awesome. Not being horny is awesome.

...all dependent, I guess, on the tangibility of our individual belief systems and personal opinions, which at this point is pretty suspect. o.O

Why, to see how big of a load I can blow? It's a natural thing, love it or leave it lol.