FindingPeace

Conscious-awareness And Self-perception

33 posts in this topic

@Kelley White Oh my god ! There it is. Today might be my first chance to give sacred geometry any kind of credit, except being an ambitious idea. I don't close my mind to the concept, but everything I heard about it yet came from bullshitters. Let's see where this goes...

@Philip  Nassim Haramein's work is still controversial.  LOL  I have talked to and spent hours in physics forums listening to all of the folks who can do the math argue.  (Physicists are very passionate about their math. ;))  

Nassim is peer reviewed, and there is more and more agreement; that said?  Some are still skeptical of his work.  ;)  So let me know what you find out. I've read both pro and con Nassim reviews. :D

@Kelley White

Thank you, Kelley, I will watch you video on the weekend, I promise :) 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Kelley White Ok now physics hasn't blown my mind for a long time haha. But right now it just did. I've watched the whole thing and it seems to stand in a perfect balance between plausible, genius and crazy. Needless to say I'm pretty pumped up right now. I might spend the entirety of tomorrow researching on this. Thanks for being such an encyclopedia.

He didn't delve deep into sacred geometry though. I mean the bunch of circles making up an hexagon. But his theory of everything is certainly worth trying to wrap my head around.

And by the way, what's the deal with Hawaii ? Do you know Garrett Lisi ? He has the most interesting theories of everything I knew of, which has now become the second most interesting, thanks to you !  

7 hours ago, Philip said:

He didn't delve deep into sacred geometry though.

Hahahah @Philip, I only sent you the link to the one hour or so video... Now...if you have time???? :ph34r::D  This will got through ALL the physics.  Total nerdgasm.

As for Hawaii?  No idea? 

As for Garrett... ;)

I love researching these things. ;):D

9 hours ago, Galyna said:

Thank you, Kelley, I will watch you video on the weekend, I promise

@Galyna, no worries.  There are so many awesome videos in the forum I can run out of time trying to watch them all.   :D

@Kelley White Garrett Lisi : already watched yesterday :)

The 8 hours video : spotted yesterday, and watching it was kind of my plan for the day... but I still have to buy popcorn before starting so...

@Philip :D I hope you found popped corn and enjoyed yourself.  I have been packing, so I apologize for not responding sooner.   If only I could find a way to get all of my belongings to teleport to their new destination...who has all those toys?  :P:D 

I'm at four hours, and I found other more recent talks. With better image and sound quality ;)

We know that memory, sensory perceptions, thought, emotion, and logic are all functions of the brain. Imaging you fall asleep, into deep sleep, just after you become unconscious of you perspective you wake up as somebody else. You spend an entire day concious from someone else's perspective; their memories, their thoughts ect. Then they fall asleep, the same thing happens and you spend the day as the awareness of another person. This cycles through everyone who has existed, until finally you're back to you, the next day after you fell asleep. You have no way of knowing that you are the awareness of everybody else, no memory exists, nothing to indicate that that happened.

Of cause I'm being purely hypothetical here. Whether conciousness is a function of the brain or if it exists outside of the brain, there's just no way of knowing.

As for the patients with their hemispheres severed; did they have one original conciousness which slit into two? Were there two conciousnesses already present? Are there hundreds, thousands, or infinite conciousnesses in everybody? Did the original conciousness die, leaving two unconscious hemispheres? Am I the only one who is concious?

Another thing; why do we only experience one moment in time? Why aren't we experiencing all of time at once?

To me, it makes more sense that nothing should exist at all, let along that there is awareness of it. It's so weird that stuff exists, much more so that conciousness exists. Conciousness and existence is a really mystery to me. So many questions, so few answers.

19 minutes ago, Mat Pav said:

Imaging you fall asleep, into deep sleep, just after you become unconscious of you perspective you wake up as somebody else. You spend an entire day concious from someone else's perspective; their memories, their thoughts ect. Then they fall asleep, the same thing happens and you spend the day as the awareness of another person. This cycles through everyone who has existed, until finally you're back to you, the next day after you fell asleep. You have no way of knowing that you are the awareness of everybody else, no memory exists, nothing to indicate that that happened.

I like this. Messes with my head though, lol. But interesting idea.

14 minutes ago, Mat Pav said:

Whether conciousness is a function of the brain or if it exists outside of the brain, there's just no way of knowing.

Scientists apparently seem to have discovered that conscious-awareness occurs when neural activity in different parts of the brain synchronises. As soon as that synchronicity is lost, so is consciousness. They determined this by looking at how brain-wave traces vary from sleep in to consciousness.

I'm yet to work out exactly what this means or proves, but it is interesting. They think it suggests that conscious-awareness is the overall collective of all neural activity and not any specific area within the brain or it's activity.

“If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.”  - Lao Tzu

@FindingPeace I studying neuroscience at the moment and we learnt that by measuring a persons brainwaves with EEG it shows that neurons will fire synchronously when they are asleep but not while awake. Awake EEG measurements appear almost like random firings. 

It says something interesting about sleep, but I don't think you can draw any conclusions about conciousness though. Perhaps we are actually concious while we sleep but just have no memory of it? We cannot know.

On 2/14/2016 at 5:51 AM, FindingPeace said:

From a young age I started questioning reality and being curious about how everything, everyone worked. I remember contemplating about consciousness awareness. Unfortunately there was no one I could discuss the topic with because when I tried, people would look at me like I had two heads, laugh and say “you’re funny..”. So, 25 years later, what better place than this forum? Finally I can get this idea out into the world..

This goes down a deep rabbit hole, and I’m not even sure I can accurately convey my thinking through the spoken word.

So there I was thinking about what conscious awareness is. The thing that struck me was that we all must have it. Perhaps every brain, be it human or otherwise, has it. And for each life-form the conscious awareness is from a first-person perspective. Through the senses and thoughts of the being.

But this got me asking – so how did ‘my’ conscious awareness, or the perceiver of my awareness come to be associated with this particular body, i.e. this body I call ‘mine’. I mean, life-forms are created and ‘come online’ every day, and have done so throughout history. So how did my consciousness, my perspective, come to be from this body on the day that it ‘came online’? Why not a different body at a different time?

Are you following me so far? This is where people look at me funny and edge away…

Sure, this body was created and became conscious, just like every other. But how did my perception come to be associate with it specifically and not any other. Some other perceiver could have been ‘assigned’ to it instead.

I look around at others and try to imagine that each person I’m looking at is perceiving their conscious awareness from the perspective of ‘their’ body just as I am. But then I ask, how is it I’m not perceiving that other person’s consciousness instead of mine? And I don’t mean in that particular moment. I mean, when that body’s conscious awareness came online, instead of being aware of my body when it came online my perception could have been assigned to that one instead. I could have been anyone one of millions of people yet I became aware of this body’s life.

I image the ‘perceiver’ as a sort of camera that is viewing that body’s brain’s consciousness. Every consciously-aware brain is being viewed by a separate camera. Yet each cameral is uniquely assigned to that particular brain.

It blows my mind. Frankly, it questions what conscious perception is at all in the first place. Let alone how we can all have a uniquely assigned perception from a specific viewpoint.

I don’t expect anyone to understand what I’ve written. No doubt there’ll be many misunderstandings. But if anyone does catch on and have something to add I’d be very interested to hear it.

In fact, any other thoughts or theories people have had about consciousness, awareness and perception would be interesting to hear about.

the consciousness that possesses the body you are using, created it, to play this existence in, it existed before the body and will exist after the body ceases to function. the consciousness became lost in the identity being that it created, programing, false beliefs, warped perceptions from all of that took hold, along with the desires of the physical body and it functions as an unconscious human being controlled by all those things.  That same consciousness (may) at some point begin to realize what it has done to itself, and will begin to awaken.  The more consciousness awakens the more liberation it will seek from the identity, ego, programing, false belief and will seek its original state of being.  That original state of being is pure consciousness.  When the consciousness awakens enough to become self realized it experiences life from consciousness and not the identity body.  Actually there is felt a little disconnect from the identity body when functioning as consciousness which allows the beingness to function, in each moment of life in a conscious, present, aware state of being where life and reality can exist and be experienced.  Truth and reality can never exist in the fictitious identity, therefore one must take up their original state of being to experience it.  Often the transition is not completely realized for a bit, but one will begin to recognize that they are experiencing life from what seems as a different place, a whole new way of feeling and seeing things, when this realization happens, self realization has occurred and the human being has transitioned to being a being of consciousness functioning from consciousness rather than the identity it thought it was before the awakening.