Dan Arnautu

Post Who Your Mentors Are And How They Helped You Along Your Journey Here

3 posts in this topic

Note: The mentors don't don't need to be alive right now and it is not required that you have met them in person (although it is preferable).

It is enough if you have studied their work extensively, read their books and made a big impact on your life even if you have not met them in person. That doesn't mean that you should post here about every author that you've ever read about or of which works you have studied( because every one of them helped us up in smaller or bigger amounts). Post only about the most important ones.

These are the people that had the biggest impact on my life, in my development and that helped guide my path to where I am and to where I am going. In no particular order, these are:

Life in General

• Leo Gura  
    • Showed me that creating an extraordinary life for myself is not an impossible task and that everything in life is not as it appears to be
  • Tai Lopez
    • Followed his programs and in spite of all the hate he gets, he started with nothing and now teaches others how to get where he is. Learned a lot from him about how to live a good life and how to adjust your life for hapiness, not for work or money.
  • Seneca
    •  Showed me how to live a great life, how to get tranquility of mind and how to not waste my time on this earth.
  • Andrzej Sapkowski 
    • Showed me what the highest hero's journey looks like and what it takes in order to go through it myself.

Fitness

• Omar Isuf 
    •  The guy that got me started on my fitness journey in highschool. A guy that I'm grateful I stumbled upon until today.
  • Greg O'Gallagher (Kinobody)
    • Showed me how to create an extraordinary physique (put on a ton of muscle, dropped a lot of bodyfat and gained confidence in myself and my abilities)
  • Radu Antoniu (ThinkEatLift) 
    • Same as Greg

Career and Business

• Tom Hess 
    • The top music career mentor and guitar coach in the world. Showed me how you can make a six figure income easily by teaching guitar part time and how to have a succesful and fulfilling music career.
  • Corrado Sgandurra (a guitar coach who mentors and coaches professional musicians) 
    • My current in-person music career mentor and guitar teacher
  • Mikael Akerfeldt 
    • My No. 1 music inspiration,  guitarist, composer and vocalist that showed me what it takes to create great music, what great music actually looks like and how to have an impact on the world through music.
  • Cal Newport 
    • Showed me how to have a fulfilling college experience, how to be succesful in college, how to create systems that automate success and how to have a great work ethic (a great foundation for later in life)
  • Arnold Swarzenegger 
    • The prime example of a self made man that achieved the top spot in 3 different careers (bodybuilding, acting and politics). Read his autobiography and made me believe that I can achieve whatever I want if I am willing to put in the work and ignore the naysayers. Also there he listed all the traps that can be found on the path and shows you how to avoid them.
  • Gary Vaynerchuk 
    • Showed me what is needed to cash in on my passion in a world where reaching eyeballs is of utmost importance.
  • Tim Ferriss
    • Showed me how to achieve success in anything by deconstructing what world top performers do.
  • Robert Greene
    • Showed me how to achieve mastery in any field and how talent = 0, how the world is not good or bad (that it's just a power game in which you can take control and win), how to disrupt the pattern and win the power game. 

Dating/Relationships/Love/Sexuality

• Coach Corey Wayne 
    • My go to for dating, love and relationships. Showed me how women actually think and how to relate to them.

Spirituality

• Eckhart Tolle
    • The first spiritual teacher I encountered on my path. Showed me for the first time what mindfulness and presence mean, showed me that the past and future are illusions, showed me how to quit worrying and how to treat the mind for what it really is, a tool, not something that should have control over me or of which I do not have control.
  • Sadhguru 
    • An example of an enlightened being that is not ignorant of the other domains of life aside from spirituality. A man in the business of human wellbeing that showed me a more pragmatic side to spirituality.
  • Andy Puddicombe (Headspace) 
    • The person that got me into meditation and mindfulness by following his programs (I still follow them). Got me to relate to my thoughts and emotions in an entirely different way.
Edited by Dan Arnautu
Proofread

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I like Jeff Foster more than Lisa Cairns. She tends to be very serious and not playing games with anyone. Jeff is relaxed and funny and cute. I like those both though,its not that theyre my mentors or something. I like Rupert Spira but he is pretty serious as well. Then Esther Hicks my queen, :P ,very funny and I like her. Im sure there are a hundred out there,but Im not searching to find a ton of them,it is kind of losing its meaning then! A few words from someone that speaks in our hearts is enough.

Oh man, so many. I'll limit it for practical sake but the amount of help I've received from others is incredible.

Religion

The four horseman of the new atheists, i.e Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins and Daniel Dennet. They were absolutely crucial to me leaving the religious beliefs I had been brought up with.

Dating

The entire RSD crew. I had other dating coaches that helped me but no one as much as those guys. They really took it to another level, and you can definitely see a lot of their influence in me now.

Besides improving my dating life, I also learned so much about self-actualization and work ethic from them. Absolutely crucial piece for me.

Business

-John Carlton. Not many people seem to know who he is these days, but he was essentially the king of copywriting.

-Gary Vaynerchuck. Gotta love this guy, his passion for entrepreneurship is really contagious.

-Karl Marx. Putting the Commie King might seem like a strange one for business, but Marx really showed me a unique perspective on what Capitalism was all about.

Self-Actualization

-Leo Gura for sure. I've been following his content for years now and I really gave me crucial insights at different points in my process. One thing that's interesting about Leo is that I think I've been following for so long that it almost feels like we're always in the same place in terms of personal growth. Probably not true, but it has that feel to it.

-Tony Robbins was big for me as well. He helped get me out a pretty big downward spiral I was in at one point

Spirituality

-Sam Harris gets a double nod here for introducing me to spirituality in general. That book Waking Up was the first time I ever heard the term Enlightenment.

-Eckhart Tolle. The Power of Now flipped my world upside down. Nothing was the same after reading that.

-Jed Mckenna. McKenna essentially single handily broke my mind and gave me my first enlightenment experience. I was probably more obsessed with his content than any other teacher

-Psychedelics. LSD has shown me things that cannot be unseen.

-My personal spiritual coach. I won't name his name but it's someone I see regularly and is really highly evolved. I know in theory I could have made it through this process without him, but I almost can't see how. He has helped me so much I could cry from gratitude just thinking about it.