Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sheenp24

Did You Know This Interesting Fact About The Heart!

6 posts in this topic

As we all know, our heart plays a crucial role in survival! Without the little guy, we would definitely cease to exist; or maybe we could exist in the physical, but we wouldn't  be moving, breathing, conversing with others, or seeing the vividness of the world. For lack of a better phrase, "we'd be dead" and that's a true story. Without further ado, allow me to introduce you to the term "resting heart". Our resting heart rate, is the measurement of the amount of beats per minute produced by the heart while the body is at rest. Did you know, the lower the resting heart rate, the healthier the heart tends to be? According to the National Institute of Health, the average resting heart for healthy adults ranges from 60 to100 beats per minute, while well trained athletes tends to range from 40 to 60 beats per minute! A lower resting heart rate in healthy adults, is a good indicator that the heart is strong, using fewer beats per minute to effectively accomplish its goal! So get out and do some cardio and help the little guy out! After all, he's the only one you got!

www.hersandhislove.com

Very interesting indeed. 

Reminds me of a first hand experience.
My resting rate is around 45 due to lot of cardio I do. The last time a doctor measured it, I was sent to ECG and Echo just because they though I had bradycardia ( heart rate so slow that your body is not being oxygenated well). There was actually a recommendation for Pacemaker, an electric device they sew under your skin that adjusts heart rate.  In the end, they did some vivid examination just to conclude that it is due to higher fitness level. 

So it was a good example that even if you are slightly different in a good way, by society's standards it is a bad sign and something is wrong with you. I guess same goes for pursuing you LP, meditating and all activities that majority population don't do :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I used to run all day when i was younger from short distance to triathlons weekly - monthly although i never really tested it back then but these days i only exercise at the gym or sometimes play basketball or swim or rebound 4-5 times a week but even when i don't exercise at all for months mine averages at 40 - 50 BPM and i think it may be due to a very health conscious lifestyle and all the superfoods and herbs i take often.

I'm usually a high energy person but my heart beats like a monk or an athlete for some reason? one day after a reishi mushroom and holy basil tea it went down to 32 BPM which is the lowest i tested. I felt slightly euphoric after the tea as well compared to when i was in a shitty mood earlier..

Most other people i test are 70 - 90+ not sure what's going on maybe too much processed sugar and coffee? Then lack of exercise comes to mind but then again i didn't train for a year or so at one point and still had 50 - 60 average.

I also remember a study showing how curcumin in turmeric paired with black or cayenne pepper extract could be more effective than exercise to lose fat so it doesn't surprise me that it could be a result of frequent herb and or spice use.

They are ultimately natures medicine.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I actually get a fair share of cardio as well but I would like to get my resting heart rate down to where yours is @Michael569. Right now I'm at about 51 bpm; that's good, but it could be better.

www.hersandhislove.com

@sheenp24 as long as you are bellow 60, I'd say you are bellow average which is great :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus