Scarecrow

Sex After Enlightment

4 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know how ones sex life changes after enlightment. I figure you wouldn't desire it anymore. But I was wondering if you still have a sex drive after enlightment or still enjoy sex

Yes, sex can still be enjoyed.

Don't fall for the myth and misconception that after enlightenment you could not enjoy a good meal, enjoy a sexual relationship, or otherwise do fun things.  The difference is that you don't have to have it to be happy.  There just is no attachment to it.

Also, you would not try to manipulate another to have sex or manipulate another through sex.  Sex can be a free expression of intimacy and love.  It doesn't have to be a tool, a way to inflate one's ego or deflate the ego (if you are not getting any), or otherwise see it as a gain or loss.  Sex that could hurt another would be avoided.

After enlightenment, just as you can enjoy a beautiful sunset, enjoy an orchestra playing some well known and loved piece of music, or any number of other countless simple-pleasures there are in life...you can still enjoy sex.

Of course, your sex life might end...who knows?  Or it could ramp up and increase...who knows?  It may be unchanged.  Know one knows how a specific person's sex life might change.

Edited by eputkonen

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

21 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

But I was wondering if you still have a sex drive after enlightment or still enjoy sex

After enlightenment, sex is no longer a need, but you have all the mechanism: the whole body of a woman or a man. You are still eating, you are still drinking. You are still creating the energy that used to become sex when you were unenlightened. You can use that energy in making love, or in painting, or in creating poetry, or in dancing.

After enlightenment sex disappears, giving place to love - a far more delicate phenomenon. You can have as much fun as you like, in no way can it disturb your enlightenment.

The enlightened man can make love, and while he is making love he is still centered in his being.

He is just a witness, he is seeing himself and the woman making love; he is a third party. Enlightened man transcends sex, because he becomes a third party.

He can see his own body and the body of his woman completely as a witness. His witnessing is not disturbed by anything.