Stoica Doru

You Have No Excuse

7 posts in this topic

If you're complaining about life - that it is too hard sometimes, that your counciousness work doesn't have the outcome you desire, that you've not achieved your goal yet, or you're feeling down - you must consider the fact that there were many people who went to concentration camps, faced slavery, children who are struggling with cancer, or face extreme poverty. We're living in luxury, my friends. Do your best, but don't complain. 
As long as you have a shelter, a family, food and water to drink, and you can pursue your dreams, you shouldn't worry about anything else. 

Perception is everything. Problems are of the mind. Love yourself and you'll manage to love others, and you'll attract the dream life you ascend to, even though it's just a game. Make your fragile existence here worth the stay by living big and courageous. 

I'm not stressing optimism here, instead I opt for humility and gratefulness, qualities which are way more sincere and fulfilling than the forcing of success. 

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

If you have problems and you suffer, I don't suggest trying to make it more bearable by trying to remember all the people who had it worse.  Furthermore, if you have to try to remember to bring gratefulness or humility into a tough situation to make it more palatable, that is the ego trying to fake it...because you believe you should.

You are right...problems are of the mind.  So I would suggest investigating problems, suffering, and other illusions.  Not coat if over with some other story of the mind (another illusion) to make the original illusion more palatable.  If you want to get to the root faster, inquire into this "I" that is suffering and has problems and complains.  Inquire into this "I" that is fragile and should be living courageous.  This is not a matter of perception, but understanding.  Do you understand you are creating your own suffering?  If so, why keep doing that to yourself? 

Enlightenment is the cessation of dukkha.  Dukkha is often translated as suffering, but it can also mean discontent or dissatisfaction.  So awaken, and there will be nothing to complain about...for you will be content and satisfied with what is as it is.

Eric Putkonen - stopped blogging and now do videos on YouTube - http://bit.ly/AdvaitaChannel

39 minutes ago, eputkonen said:

If you have problems and you suffer, I don't suggest trying to make it more bearable by trying to remember all the people who had it worse.  Furthermore, if you have to try to remember to bring gratefulness or humility into a tough situation to make it more palatable, that is the ego trying to fake it...because you believe you should.

You are right...problems are of the mind.  So I would suggest investigating problems, suffering, and other illusions.  Not coat if over with some other story of the mind (another illusion) to make the original illusion more palatable.  If you want to get to the root faster, inquire into this "I" that is suffering and has problems and complains.  Inquire into this "I" that is fragile and should be living courageous.  This is not a matter of perception, but understanding.  Do you understand you are creating your own suffering?  If so, why keep doing that to yourself? 

Enlightenment is the cessation of dukkha.  Dukkha is often translated as suffering, but it can also mean discontent or dissatisfaction.  So awaken, and there will be nothing to complain about...for you will be content and satisfied with what is as it is.

Nicely said, man. I comparatively said to think about people who are going through worse, to get a bigger picture understanding and don't say something like "oh my God, the end is near". 

Emotions and basic deficient needs should be investigated and solved. If you can barely see, and have lost your glasses that doesn't mean that you must think about the blind people all over the world who are happy, and have adjusted to that aspect, as an excuse to avoid solving something that you CAN. 

That was my point - do your best, inquire, learn, desire, but don't make yourself your own slave, or hide behind irrational excuses. 

Edited by Stoica Doru

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

#FirstWorldProblems

I still think they are just as valid. Everyone will have issues, just different type. It's a bit too much to disregard everything else as a valid reason to complain about.

I mean you don't know the particulars of a situation until you know.

I think first world problems are still legit.

Altho maybe not that much for those on spiritual path.

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

Lay down your burdens don’t you let them drag you into the ground 
I know you’re hurtin’ but there’s plenty of your pain to go ‘round 
Lord knows that everybody’s got a cross to bear 
And I see no use in tryin’ to contrast and compare 
There’s always someone being slaughtered by a bigger stack of splinters somewhere

28 minutes ago, Annetta said:

Lay down your burdens don’t you let them drag you into the ground 
I know you’re hurtin’ but there’s plenty of your pain to go ‘round 
Lord knows that everybody’s got a cross to bear 
And I see no use in tryin’ to contrast and compare 
There’s always someone being slaughtered by a bigger stack of splinters somewhere

Amen!

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟