Emerald

Youtube Video Marketing Advice - How To "catch Eyeballs"

9 posts in this topic

To Leo and other video creators working in a similar niche. I started my own Youtube channel about 2 1/2 months ago, relating to spirituality, psychology, and other similar topics. I've been researching how to attract my target audience but it's been more difficult than I anticipated. I have some technical bugs that I'm making steps toward correcting, but otherwise the content quality is high. Any tips on how to "catch eyeballs" and increase watch-time? Thanks :) 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

Not everyone can be a personal brand. You say your content is good... according to whom? Not everyone can create a personal brand.

I'm not trying to discourage you. Quite the opposite but getting the ball rolling is the hardest part. There is not such things as an overnight success. Keep putting out quality and quantity of content. Transcribe your content across all platforms. Once you hit that 100 subscriber it gets easier. Then you get to 1,000 and it get's even easier, and then it gets to... you get the point. Your current 70+ subscribers is 70 more than you had before you made your channel (TheDiamondNet.)

Pay Key attention to you:

• Copywriting (Are you creating headlines that draw eyeballs?)
  • Does your content resonate with your particular niche? Are you talking about things that the market actually wants?
  • What is your Advertising Budget? (Facebook offers very targeted marketing at pennies on the dollar.)
  • Are you leveraging social media to the max and are you making content that is in context with your medium (Twitter, Instagram, FB, Snapchat?)

Look into Gary Vaynerchuk for quality personal branding content. Keep putting out value to the world. To be a thought leader you have to roll with the punches. Not everyone will resonate with your message but many people will. Be a person of great value and give as much of yourself as you can to whatever community of people you are serving. 

Go on Twitter and search (insert niche here) and go answer questions on twitter. Engage with your audience. Create depth not width. Don't be overly concerned with your numbers. They will rise in status. The early subs are always the hardest because you are brand new to the game but the snowball will grow in time.

Create "avatars" for the type of Niche you are trying to resonate with... (based on your content I'm guessing women 18-36.)

You honestly need to post more content too. I see the last day you posted was 6 days ago. When you are getting this early ball rolling ideally you should be posting every single day (with good content) and showing your subscribers that your serious about making content at the forefront of your particular brand.

Again though it is about depth vs width. The numbers are all well and good but you what you should be looking at is feedback from your early subscribers. You are doing well with answering your comments you are getting. Continue to engage your audience as much as humanly possible. They want to be apart of the conversation.

I'd personally reach out and contact people that inspire you. (Perhaps make a piece about Teal Swan and how she has helped you.) This will help you cross promote to her and (if you don't ask for anything in return) may lead to an interview with her later down the line.

Again check out Gary Vaynerchuk he has great free content about how to grow your personal brand. I'm sure you can carve out a piece of your niche.

Also remember to show some of your authenticity and realness. Your latest video where you show a bit into your personal life resonates well with people. They are essentially BUYING YOU. You are the brand. So do everything in your power to be you but be the BEST YOU.

More content. Keep up the hustle.

Start a list through your website to have return customers. (Create a Signup Section at the top of your website.)

Also The Diamond Net being a (.org) is a little confusing but shouldn't hurt you to bad.

Good luck. Keep grinding.

Edited by Jecht Spencer

5 minutes ago, Jecht Spencer said:

Not everyone can be a personal brand. You say your content is good... according to whom? Not everyone can create a personal brand.

I'm not trying to discourage you. Quite the opposite but getting the ball rolling is the hardest part. There is not such things as an overnight success. Keep putting out quality and quantity of content. Transcribe your content across all platforms. Once you hit that 100 subscriber it gets easier. Then you get to 1,000 and it get's even easier, and then it gets to... you get the point. Your current 70+ subscribers is 70 more than you had before you made your channel (TheDiamondNet.)

Pay Key attention to you:

• Copywriting (Are you creating headlines that draw eyeballs?)
  • Does your content resonate with your particular niche? Are you talking about things that the market actually wants?
  • What is your Advertising Budget? (Facebook offers very targeted marketing at pennies on the dollar.)
  • Are you leveraging social media to the max and are you making content that is in context with your medium (Twitter, Instagram, FB, Snapchat?)

Look into Gary Vaynerchuk for quality personal branding content. Keep putting out value to the world. To be a thought leader you have to roll with the punches. Not everyone will resonate with your message but many people will. Be a person of great value and give as much of yourself as you can to whatever community of people you are serving. 

Go on Twitter and search (insert niche here) and go answer questions on twitter. Engage with your audience. Create depth not width. Don't be overly concerned with your numbers. They will rise in status. The early subs are always the hardest because you are brand new to the game but the snowball will grow in time.

Create "avatars" for the type of Niche you are trying to resonate with... (based on your content I'm guessing women 18-36.)

You honestly need to post more content too. I see the last day you posted was 6 days ago. When you are getting this early ball rolling ideally you should be posting every single day (with good content) and showing your subscribers that your serious about making content at the forefront of your particular brand.

Again though it is about depth vs width. The numbers are all well and good but you what you should be looking at is feedback from your early subscribers. You are doing well with answering your comments you are getting. Continue to engage your audience as much as humanly possible. They want to be apart of the conversation.

I'd personally reach out and contact people that inspire you. (Perhaps make a peace about Teal Swan and how she has helped you.) This will help you cross promote to her and (if you don't ask for anything in return) may lead to an interview with her later down the line.

Again check out Gary Vaynerchuk he has great free content about how to grow your personal brand. I'm sure you can carve out a piece of your niche.

Also remember to show some of your authenticity and realness. Your latest video where you show a bit into your personal life resonates well with people. They are essentially BUYING YOU. You are the brand. So do everything in your power to be you but be the BEST YOU.

More content. Keep up the hustle.

Start a list through your website to have return customers. (Create a Signup Section at the top of your website.)

Also The Diamond Net being a (.org) is a little confusing but shouldn't hurt you to bad.

Good luck. Keep grinding.

Thank you for the advice. :) I sort of hit a dip this past week because I've been sick, but I normally post on Wednesdays and Saturdays. This I've been consistent with until this past week. I have to get the fire poker after me. When I said my content quality was high, I wasn't meaning that it needs no improvement or that it would resonate with everyone. I put this to avoid getting advice on improving content, and to put emphasis on getting advice on marketing techniques. I will definitely look into Gary Vaynerchuk. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

I work for a company that is ridiculously successful at this (you've heard of them), and I've often asked the same questions as a content (art) creator. 

Coming from the frame of wanting views is one thing, but this company's goal is all about making people want to SHARE things. Wanting to get a lot of views is really synonymous with wanting shares. You can only force your content to appear in front of so many people, but if they feel inclined to share it, it is putting itself in front of new people without you directly causing that. 

So if you are really scientific about what people want to go out of their way to focus their precious, scattered attention on, and then go so far as to share it, what are some reasons they do that?

- It speaks directly to the consumer's sense of identity (I want to absorb this into myself) 

- It is extremely obvious what the content is about or what is to be gained, from the title / thumbnail, and they don't have to invest any time figuring it out or being lost

- It is very short and easy to consume and not a burdensome thing to send to a friend

- It is like an "emotional gift" that you can give someone, and is obvious as such (ie "PUPPY FALLING ASLEEP")

- It serves as a way to connect or reinforce relationships ("this is so us!")

Leo's titles are obviously well suited for these things and carefully designed to do so. They appeal to that striving inner impulse and sense of things relevant to ME, not just relevant to the creator. I personally observe that a lot of art and music culture seems to be completely oriented around the artist, and it gives me a little feeling of disgust to imagine someone sitting around and thinking of things that are only cool to them, and not giving any thought to the people consuming it. At a lot of shows, and with a lot of videos people are trying to promote, I often think "yeah but why do I care?"

10 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I work for a company that is ridiculously successful at this (you've heard of them), and I've often asked the same questions as a content (art) creator. 

Coming from the frame of wanting views is one thing, but this company's goal is all about making people want to SHARE things. Wanting to get a lot of views is really synonymous with wanting shares. You can only force your content to appear in front of so many people, but if they feel inclined to share it, it is putting itself in front of new people without you directly causing that. 

So if you are really scientific about what people want to go out of their way to focus their precious, scattered attention on, and then go so far as to share it, what are some reasons they do that?

- It speaks directly to the consumer's sense of identity (I want to absorb this into myself) 

- It is extremely obvious what the content is about or what is to be gained, from the title / thumbnail, and they don't have to invest any time figuring it out or being lost

- It is very short and easy to consume and not a burdensome thing to send to a friend

- It is like an "emotional gift" that you can give someone, and is obvious as such (ie "PUPPY FALLING ASLEEP")

- It serves as a way to connect or reinforce relationships ("this is so us!")

Leo's titles are obviously well suited for these things and carefully designed to do so. They appeal to that striving inner impulse and sense of things relevant to ME, not just relevant to the creator. I personally observe that a lot of art and music culture seems to be completely oriented around the artist, and it gives me a little feeling of disgust to imagine someone sitting around and thinking of things that are only cool to them, and not giving any thought to the people consuming it. At a lot of shows, and with a lot of videos people are trying to promote, I often think "yeah but why do I care?"

Thank you. This is really great advice. I've looked at a lot of information online about SEO and different ways to grow a Youtube channel, and I often run across the same information. I'll keep the questions above in mind for the future. :)

Emotionalmastery.org

1 minute ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

@Emerald Wilkins What is your youtube? I would love to see your amazing work.

Thank you! It is called The Diamond Net. Here is the link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvW2U2-szAK2lBzUYOw0DwA

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins Ill share this on my fb page. I love helping those who are doing good in this world and I think whay you are doing is amazing. Keep up the good work and you will eventually get there ?

47 minutes ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

@Emerald Wilkins Ill share this on my fb page. I love helping those who are doing good in this world and I think whay you are doing is amazing. Keep up the good work and you will eventually get there ?

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. :)

Emotionalmastery.org