Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
How to be wise

Debunking The Illusion Of Continuity

6 posts in this topic

So lately, I've made it my mission to meditate so that I can realise the fact that all sensations are impermanent. If you've read 'Mastering the core teachings of the Buddha', then you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I was wondering, if I meditate every day for 20 mins, then approximately how long will it take for me to realise that sensations are not continuous. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

12 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

So lately, I've made it my mission to meditate so that I can realise the fact that all sensations are impermanent. If you've read 'Mastering the core teachings of the Buddha', then you'll know what I'm talking about. Anyway, I was wondering, if I meditate every day for 20 mins, then approximately how long will it take for me to realise that sensations are not continuous. 

maybe  2 days maybe 2 decades 

Edited by Malelekakis

You must have the intention that it will happen now, not in the future.

19 minutes ago, Malelekakis said:

maybe  2 days maybe 2 decades 

I don't need those kind of answers gosh... 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

10 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

did the core teachings of buddha also teach you that time is an illusion? 

Therefore if time is not real, then what will decide how fast you will get where you want to go? 

It is truly intent.  <
For that you have to be conscious of your power as a spiritual being and your responsibility. 
It means that you have to believe and intent for it to happen now. 
There's no ''objective'' measure, you are the creator of your reality, beliefs and intent are arts that need to be mastered in order to succeed at this. 

Now I know it won't happen right now, even if you tried, because you aren't proficient yet at intent. 
But in order to be good you have to start now, literally, believe and intent that everything can happen now, and slowly it will happen now.

It will take you believing that things are happening right now that aren't actually happening right now. 
It is direct practice of seeing beyond physical reality....and seeing the real potential spiritual reality.

you are the leader of the ship, if you want the ship to go the right, you have to believe and intent for it to go to the right, even if its going to the left at the moment.

this practice obliterates the modern ego that only wants to look at objectivity and facts and steer from that data. 

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

On 25/4/2017 at 11:38 PM, How to be wise said:

So maybe never