TimStr

Lucid Dreaming

64 posts in this topic

I don't try to perform reality check anymore, but i tell to myself "what the matter, if I'm dreaming or not ? Awake or asleep, it's about experiences" so I try to live as vividly as possible.

"wind is rising, we must try to live" -paul valery

On 3/3/2016 at 5:23 AM, Pia said:

@rcuch what you are describing seems more like a sleep paralysis. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep where you can leave your body. The voices you heard are probably halluzinations. 

If you want to persue it again you can try layong on your back and DONT MOVE YOUR BODY (really Important) Most of the times when i try it i get in this state ?

Thank you...I will try that.

If you are stuck in sleep paralysis, and want to wake-up, just hold your breath for few seconds, then your body will automatly wake-up.

Dreams are a deeply fascinating concept because dreams are basically stories my mind tells while I'm asleep and I can tap into dreams as a creative goldmine. My dreams are very grandiose and surrealistic and are focused on grand adventures. I see myself as a character archetype in a dream like a wandering drifter or a pirate or a fugitive on the run from the law, rival gangs, and debt collectors or Alice going down the rabbit hole and exploring Wonderland. My mind is highly imaginative and I see people in real life as characters in my dreams. For example, a chronically angry person, in my dreams, appears as a loud and barking dog or a screaming drill sergeant or a dictator. Lucid dreaming applies to my creative process because I treat my creative process like it's a lucid dream by creating the dream. 

Edited by Zane