Javfly33

Watching the breath meditation

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I always thought watching the breath was the most boring form of meditation ever

But it has a surprise for that one which fully dares to dissolve every selfish thought into the breath.

The one that has the audacity for that surrender into the breath, a pleasant surprise will come.

What is the breath, what is the breath? Apparently it is a biological act, but not all is what it seems

Watching the breath, fully you be,

you might discover, there is no breath

And shall you will merge with me. 

Edited by Javfly33

Like in the Matrix Morpheus asks Neo

”Do you think is air what you are breathing now?”

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Sadhguru explains this here, its Koorma Nadi, but its not really watching the breath, your watch the sensation of the breath, not that actual breath, he explains it all here...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

1 hour ago, Ishanga said:

Sadhguru explains this here, its Koorma Nadi, but its not really watching the breath, your watch the sensation of the breath, not that actual breath, he explains it all here...

I don't like how Sadhguru teaches in his videos. He doesn't give any step by step process of a meditation technique. He just tells you that you want to separate yourself from the body mind process and give you a hint that it happens within and not something done physically with your body. I think it would be helpful for people if he broke it into little steps of a possible safe path instead of just explaining some end result and giving little hints on how to get there. I guess it might be helpful to some people too but it seems an aggravating way to learn from someone like that. It might also be because he doesn't want to give specific advice to a million people that are in different situations which I guess makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Jordan said:

I don't like how Sadhguru teaches in his videos. He doesn't give any step by step process of a meditation technique. He just tells you that you want to separate yourself from the body mind process and give you a hint that it happens within and not something done physically with your body. I think it would be helpful for people if he broke it into little steps of a possible safe path instead of just explaining some end result and giving little hints on how to get there. I guess it might be helpful to some people too but it seems an aggravating way to learn from someone like that. It might also be because he doesn't want to give specific advice to a million people that are in different situations which I guess makes sense. 

What I shared was the explanation part, here is the one with details of how to do the Kriya lol.. This is a very Basic Kriya but powerful, the Shambhavi is more complex but he says it still basic in nature, and very powerful as some here have testified too, as well as myself!\

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

7 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I always thought watching the breath was the most boring form of meditation ever

But it has a surprise for that one which fully dares to dissolve every selfish thought into the breath.

The one that has the audacity for that surrender into the breath, a pleasant surprise will come.

What is the breath, what is the breath? Apparently it is a biological act, but not all is what it seems

Yes. But watching the breath alone is time that you won’t be engaged in critical thought and contemplation. Contemplation is one of the best ways of gaining understanding, intelligence, and insight. To even type a logical response to this thread requires that you engage in critical thought and not just stuck on watching your breath. If meditation is making you dull, you are doing it wrong. Curiosity is number one.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Posted (edited)

58 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

What I shared was the explanation part, here is the one with details of how to do the Kriya lol.. This is a very Basic Kriya but powerful, the Shambhavi is more complex but he says it still basic in nature, and very powerful as some here have testified too, as well as myself!\

I was a bit irritated I think because I remember a video titled "'How to Meditate' for Beginners | Sadhguru" and he doesn't explain how to meditate at all which might be why "how to meditate" is in brackets in the video title I guess haha. He just says meditation is not something you do it is a state of being. I am sure he didn't pick the title for the video but it is misleading. I didn't rewatch the video recently but I am pretty sure that is the one I was thinking of.

Do you follow this practice or something very similar to it? I created a meditation practice merging what I learnt from different YouTube videos and it works very well. I go into a relaxed, high consciousness state after 20-30 min usually. I could give a step by step explanation if anyone is interested.

Edited by Jordan

9 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I got off track with my other posts. I do think watching the breath is one of the most boring meditations. I want to make it more complicated and make it seem like I am doing something to achieve a different state. It really seems like the more simple the meditation, the more advanced you need to be for it to work well. I find that "dissolving every selfish thought into the breath" as you put it is very difficult to do if you just sit down and try to do that right away. I find it much easier to do preparatory exercises like visualization, breathing, counting breaths, mantra then slowly remove more and more until all that is left is something like the breath or heart beating etc. 

12 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Like in the Matrix Morpheus asks Neo

”Do you think is air what you are breathing now?”

6 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Yeap...when you watch the sensation, you see...is consciousness, the breath is made out of consciousness. 

Or maybe he doesn´t mean that, but that's how it felt yesterday . 

5 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Sadhguru transmitted kriyas are powerful as they get. Ive done so far 500-600 shamavhis and going strong. It gets more profound, intense and amazing the more I do it. I love that man. 

5 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Yes. But watching the breath alone is time that you won’t be engaged in critical thought and contemplation. Contemplation is one of the best ways of gaining understanding, intelligence, and insight. To even type a logical response to this thread requires that you engage in critical thought and not just stuck on watching your breath. If meditation is making you dull, you are doing it wrong. Curiosity is number one.

Definitely is not making my dull friend! But I agree with your reply. Balance is key. 

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I got off track with my other posts. I do think watching the breath is one of the most boring meditations. I want to make it more complicated and make it seem like I am doing something to achieve a different state. It really seems like the more simple the meditation, the more advanced you need to be for it to work well. I find that "dissolving every selfish thought into the breath" as you put it is very difficult to do if you just sit down and try to do that right away. I find it much easier to do preparatory exercises like visualization, breathing, counting breaths, mantra then slowly remove more and more until all that is left is something like the breath or heart beating etc. 

Yeap. In the Yoga Kriya I do, The part of watching the breath is the last one, is because you need to prepare yourself for the kind of exercise if not is super boring and anxious. Still, even with the preparation I usually find tremendous resistance to 'surrender the thoughts' into the breath. But yesterday I did it and a pleasant surprise was revealed ;)