• Home
  • Life
  • Free time

Posted (edited)

Life Audit

Health 
Poor

Finances 
I only have $116. And I don't make money. 

Personal development
Meh. Poor.

Career
I don't have a career and a university.

Relationships
I don't have friends only family.

Self care
Don't have money to buy skincare upgrades. 

Home
Needed a renovation. 
Don't want this home. Want my own home because of the theft that's happening. 

Life
Poor.

Free time
Always free. But trapped
 Couldn't do anything. 

Life : poor , good.

Edited by Sabth

Posted (edited)

What DID I DO? 

D*mn. I hv wrote a whole lot of paragraph but it got erased when I click "back". Usually the forum will saved your draft but this it's missing. 

Basically I just said that I don't wanna do anything in this house or start anything because it will be pointless anyway. It will be stolen and destroyed and many more ugly things will happen. I can't start doing anything in this house. It is cursed. 

I can't keep all the good amazing things in this house. There's a theft going on. To the already poor me ~

* I also write about, in self care I needed about $114k in self-care

Edited by Sabth

You might be richer than I am right now, but I make 20 bucks passively every month. Check Mate 😉 😂😂😂

Poor people trying to out-brag each other 😂.

I challenge you to be richer! Can we get to 1000 dollars net worth by the end of the year? 😂 Gotta think big, right.

Damn, if I were only making at least 600 bucks passively per month I'd feel like bathing on cash and I could move out of my parents home... Hell, earning 100 monthly would already give me a dating life bus ticket, coffee dates and some clothing (if I save)...

Although, I live in Brazil, so think like everything is roughly 5x cheaper than the usa.

Self-care: I did buy a 10 dollar sunscreen a few months ago that I'm still using sometimes, but I think it began having some break-outs. Also, I fell down 4 months ago, and I had to spend all of my money and borrow more (that I'm still paying) to buy wound treatment creams.

Make sure you don't get fucked like that and don't have any spare cash for basic treatement. I had infection and it would have gotten nasty if I didn't spend 30 bucks with the cream.

Hold dearly to that cash you got and don't waste it on anything but emergency.

Posted (edited)

Health  : I have 2 heart conditions but so far nothing to be worried of, hopefully I can pass the checkup for many many more years. I started eating more healthy a few months ago and have been on a roll, also evercising 20mn a day, 5 days out of 7, almost never missing one

Might not be a lot for people that actually  do sport a lot, but at almost 44, I'm happy I got back on track instead of staying in my hole of lazyness

Finances  : i bought a house with my wife, but I'm paying big for it 23 more years. Otherwise, I'm surviving I guess. Going out a few times, buying a few books here and there. The house started showing a bit of problems, but they're probably managable, otherwise we'll just end up selling it and get something more solid even if we have to go smaller

Otherwise, got a car I paid for and 7000 € on the side in case of trouble (not fearing medical trouble tho, as our country's healthcare is basically covering everything)

Personal development : I've been stuck for a long time. Consuming a lot. Creating occasionnaly but never getting very far with it. Working gigs or with teams definitely makes me anxious, so my  next step is to try and find a way with solo art, which seems to be the way to salvation for me

Career : survival job. Night shift only but gives me lots of free time while at work. Will try and see if I can use art to make a bit more money on the side but not hoping too  much. Will probably keep my basic job and try to find myself through art and make myself proud/keep myself entertained with it

Relationships : I love my wife. But I also feel like...she's not one to push me higher. She does support me. She just has a very different personnality. Sometimes it frustrates me. She also wants a kid and I don't. All of this has been squeezing me hard lately. I have to think about this honestly. I'm afraid to go either way. Biggest pressure on my life right now.

Self care : I'm ok  I guess. Doing the best I can with what I know of.

Home : yes

Life : Feeling a bit stressed by being this old and being stale. But also, levels of energy and motivation obviously declining with age. Honestly, I'm kind of frustrated. I can't seem to just enjoy doing basic life and I don't seem to be made to have some kind of succcess either. Sometimes I just wanna clean everything and hit the reset button. But I'm pretty sure, considering my worth, that I would go nowhere. So i'm trying to strive with my situation. But this is hard and I never seme to be happy for very long

Free time : Very fine (another reason why I fear having a kid. Pretty sure you have to erase yourself from existence so you can raise him properly)

Edited by BojackHorseman

Posted (edited)

Health 
Back down to 15 stone from 16. (I need to be about 12). I have a heart issue, and am unsure how bad. My vision is affected, but I cannot afford to get it fixed.
I run twice a week, and walk every day I can. Sometimes, like now, my knees/ankles are shot, and I need a rest. I have started very limited resistance training again. I usually do a lot of weights, but I have let the muscle and weight come off so I can run because I was up to 17 stone at my peak. My resistance training is press-ups, sit-ups, and rowing currently, with a bit of strength and grip training using free weights.

Finances 
Forever zero, but never in debt. I've got 200 in the bank reserved for ISBNs, which is 170 for 10 or 90 for 1. Price gouging there a bit, if you ask me. Affording food is tough, which is why I have not bought the ISBN's for my novels.

Personal development
I still don't work in a reliable, consistent manner. I work in sprints, where I do more than most people can understand. I wrote a book in two weeks; it takes some people two or three years. Then I dip into depression, where I am now, probably a 4/10, with some spells lower. If I try to maintain a strict work routine, it's like I am constantly fighting myself every day. With work, I usually end up working myself to near death, taking all the hours I can and then quitting. (Ghosting life in work)

Career
I plan to start working on freelancing sites and doing copyediting work. I am seeking some financing to do the appropriate Udemy courses. While I have written creatively for thirty years, I am also trying in my own time to give myself the years I skipped out on at university and school, by doing free exercises. I have found Engvid.com's advanced courses quite useful, as well as the more difficult copyediting exercises the New York Times offers online. Part of me will fit this field very well, building it up from home, with a certain logical outcome required from the work. However, creativity, not accuracy, is my strong point. So I have my concerns about the end level of my ability too.

I also worry I am doing this for the end outcome, a steady build-up of a client base and money, not because it's what I enjoy doing. However, I am so far in the hole and have been there so long because of my finances, to hell with it. At the least, it'll make me a better writer.

My novel is mostly done, but I keep putting off finishing it, or reworking the ending. The urge to write out the concepts has passed, and now I feel I am trying to structure it as a novel, not a story, squeezing it into shape. I keep adding things that I think people will enjoy, like sprinkling chocolate on a cake.

Relationships
None. No friends anymore, no partner. I told myself I would stop starting relationships because I keep hurting women emotionally. My ghosting and depressive periods meant I always pulled back. Ten years ago, I was again drawing back from a girl I loved, twice breaking her heart by ghosting her. She's an author; every few years I look at her work, and it's bittersweet to see her happy, successful, and living life well. Knowing that I would have kept her from that happiness, shows me that I am not a person who should be involved with anyone. Nobody understands why I ghost as a pattern, and I can't blame them, but I do it with everyone/everything in my life.

Self-care
Pretty good. Emotionally, and psychologically, I have put in a lot of work over the years to know myself well, and can easily see patterns in others. I don't have the dip in emotional depression I used to have near as often, but it does happen. Usually, when my expectations are built for some reason, even though I know they are a big trigger for a mood swing, sometimes they sneak up on me. Aka finding a job I don't hate, or working for a company I don't despise. 

Home
I'm still stuck in a three-room extension, living out of a box.

Life
I am increasingly alienated from the wider world's trajectory because I won't give up aspects of life that are thrown away or discarded. I think reality as a whole has shifted into a cold, uncaring mindset, and I refuse to follow it. I see this in day-to-day people and the wider world. I see racism out in the open, bigotry, and hatred normalized. Part of my developing heart issue on a meta-level was 'bigger me' saying, do you want out? I said no and decided to do what I could to correct it. I do know it'll be a long time before I reincarnate here again, so I keep deciding to live the years out to their conclusion, but there are so many other possibilities to reincarnate too.

Free time
As much as I need right now.

Edited by BlueOak