Schizophonia

The world would be a simpler place if we were as honest as severely autistic people.

37 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Hojo said:

This is what I think of when I hear severly autistic. You want the entire planet like this?

Heres another these. These people just dont have an identity. They are probably mirroring their environment pretty hard.

If you notice the man is beating himself ,but his mom is being a bitch. Her voice is raised she looks angry and taking aggressive posture and is acting like shes not angry, maybe the kid can pick up on that.

They are basically giant baby.

Like 0 neuroplasticity.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

I completely disagree.

To follow your example: we know the other person is fat and ugly, they know they are fat and ugly, and yet we both agree to pretend as if we don't know the other person is aware — which I claim is the basis of satisfying interpersonal relationships.

When you don't want to date someone because he/she is fat and ugly, it doesn't matter if you don't tell them.
Ultimately you are only postponing/spreading out over time the violence of the refusal.
Maybe these people could actually have a better life by accepting their condition as soon as possible, by being brutally honest, rather than wasting their time.

Maybe I'm wrong somewhere, but it's not about gratuitously insulting someone about their physical or mental condition, nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

As far as constructive feedback and critique go,

This is what I've been talking about all along.
And sometimes the diagnosis is violent, that's all.
It's always unpleasant actually.

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

we welcome that, of course, but only insofar as it doesn’t undermine our social games.

What do you mean ?

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

What makes sex so desirable is precisely all the ambiguity and games that come with it.

I dont see the link with what i've said.

Do you fantasize that maybe your girlfriend is pretending to love you? Force herself when in fact there is a problem somewhere? Something like that ?

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

The actual physical act, detached from all the fantasies and social dynamics, is completely empty and meaningless.

Ditto

1 hour ago, Nilsi said:

The world you are proposing would be utterly nihilistic and inhumane, and you would quickly wish back all these supposed "mistakes" in human interaction.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Schizophonia hes sitting in weird tantric position

You know what ? It's strange because i've seen this position several time on trip. xD

I mean i've seen this position of the legs become an element of my visuals and it was stimulant/intriguing.

Mhh.

It must have a rabbit hole here. 

Edited by Schizophonia

10 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

When you don't want to date someone because he/she is fat and ugly, it doesn't matter if you don't tell them.
Ultimately you are only postponing/spreading out over time the violence of the refusal.

There is no need to make this explicit. If you don’t want to date someone, you will not date them. You don’t need to add insult to injury by telling them what they already know and what they know you know.

12 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

What do you mean ?

Imagine if you told your boss that he is a childish, insecure douchebag… You cannot maintain any social order without the above-described social contract. I'm not arguing for conservatism here; I'm simply arguing against literal chaos.

18 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you fantasize that maybe your girlfriend is pretending to love you? Force herself when in fact there is a problem somewhere? Something like that ?

lol - that’s not what I was getting at at all.

Dr. Freud would argue this tells us more about your fantasy than mine. :P

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

There is no need to make this explicit. If you don’t want to date someone, you will not date them. You don’t need to add insult to injury by telling them what they already know and what they know you know.

Except that very often you don't know, for many reasons (misunderstanding, denial, paranoia...)

The "fat and ugly" example is quite bad because it's too obvious, think of other more ambiguous scenarios.

Also, I did not particularly target male-female relationships.

Imagine if you told your boss that he is a childish, insecure douchebag… You cannot maintain any social order without the above-described social contract. I'm not arguing for conservatism here; I'm simply arguing against literal chaos.

EXACTLY, I would be very happy if an employee said such a thing to me, because my goal is to please my employees at least a little bit so that things go well. Because ultimately, neurosis, conflict, is essentially based on misunderstanding.
I'm not interested in employees who kiss my ass, or spit on me behind my back because they are too cowardly to tell me things to my face (or quit).

lol - that’s not what I was getting at at all.

Dr. Freud would argue this tells us more about your fantasy than mine. :P

I tried to understand what you meant :ph34r::)

Edited by Schizophonia

15 minutes ago, Hojo said:

@Schizophonia hes def doing a trance meditation

yaugtism nigga 

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

EXACTLY, I would be very happy if an employee said such a thing to me, because my goal is to please my employees at least a little bit so that things go well. Because ultimately, neurosis, conflict, is essentially based on misunderstanding.
I'm not interested in employees who kiss my ass, or spit on me behind my back because they are too cowardly to tell me things to my face (or quit).

This dynamic (being nice to your boss/talking shit behind his back) is precisely what constitutes the boss’s being. If you could treat your boss like your intern, there would be no reality to his role.

Imagine you were watching a great movie, and all of a sudden, the character on screen starts breaking down, confessing he’s just an actor and was just pretending and role-playing for your sake.

My point is, you don’t want the truth; you want to know and know they know, and you both know it’s best for all involved to continue pretending as if none of you know.

Instead of valuing „truth,“ why don’t you value mastering the act instead? This is my ethical proposal. 

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

2 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

This dynamic (being nice to your boss/talking shit behind his back) is precisely what constitutes the boss’s being. If you could treat your boss like your intern, there would be no reality to his role.

Imagine you were watching a great movie, and all of a sudden, the character on screen starts breaking down, confessing he’s just an actor and was just pretending and role-playing for your sake.

My point is, you don’t want the truth; you want to know and know they know, and you both know it’s best for all involved to continue pretending as if none of you know.

Instead of valuing „truth,“ why don’t you value mastering the act instead? This is my ethical proposal. 

No, what makes me the boss is that i decide, do what i want in my enterprise.

4 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

No, what makes me the boss is that i decide, do what i want in my enterprise.

What makes you the boss is that all your employees agree you’re the boss.

1 minute ago, Nilsi said:

What makes you the boss is that all your employees agree you’re the boss.

No, their opinion haves no value.

Patronage is a de facto position.

I worked with autistic people. People that were able to have an apartment but needed some help few hours a day. I loved it, their life was so simple, no much worries or larger problems. However, when they faced difficulty like: manipulation from others, losing weight or quitting alchohol use. They faced that difficulty with 10 times the severity than what a normal person would go through. Then it was easy and fast for some to find a partner, they do not have much expectation from their partner like we have.

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

No, their opinion haves no value.

Patronage is a de facto position.

Does money have any a priori value? 

Your argument is analogous to saying „let’s all stop believing in money.“

Edited by Nilsi

Posted (edited)

I had a great friendship with an autistic person, she was very honest. I am as well, so we got along well. The only problem was that she was quite demanding on my time, and breaks in routine were difficult for her, but it was time well spent. 

I've been listening to authors talk about not revealing all of a character's intent at once, because nobody does that or is that self-aware of their faults.

I sit there thinking, well I don't layer things in my communication. I don't mask what I mean for the sake of timing. I will do things for THEM if I feel it's going to hurt them, or a make situation worse, but I don't need that filter the other way.

I had to lie today about a financial situation to stay afloat. I hated it. Every fake BS trick I had to pull out of an old ugly box I never wanted to touch again. Come prepared with some insight. Produce something they weren't expecting to make a good first impression. Sit straight, make eye contact, have a little humor with some light banter about something positive, talk up some strengths, find common ground, talk about them, listen when they raise a point, and if you hear something you know remark on it to bond. It's almost the same robotic monotonous garbage that's taken over the dating world, it's not free communication; it's double filtered (you and them).

Even worse if it's from a book, video, or secondhand experience you've had. Then it's: the author + their source + the person reciting it + you, and it becomes unnatural to the person speaking it, or hearing it.

Blink three times, click your heels, act this way, bang your head against the wall X times and hey you've got your job, girl, movie formula, whatever flawed communication.

Edited by BlueOak

3 hours ago, Nilsi said:

Does money have any a priori value? 

Your argument is analogous to saying „let’s all stop believing in money.“

Not at all.

I’ve said, the opinion on employee doesn’t have any importance on the fact i’m the boss or not.

Money and it importance are tangible.

The "severly" autistic people thing is really dumb. Autism is on a spectrum from the very low functioning to people much more like me. I have an aspergers diagnosis. it seems to me like i just much more rely on logic and reasoning when deciding on how and what to do, and at the same time have a noticible limitation when it comes to, well, emotional inteligens, while it would not frame it like that. It is much more like i just get less information out of the same social situations, and therefore have less to go of by. And at the same time are also noticibly stronger at logic and reasoning, so i can make up parts of it, and excell greatly in certain things, while struggling in others.

It would from my point be very nice if everyone was like me, and i think that exactly might be what would be nice. It has less to do with being autistic or not, and more to do with interacting with people of the same culture or mindset. Since we then would understand them better, nothing new here i suppose?

I suppose what you really would like is that everyone should be highly inteligent beings that much rather relys on rationality compared to emotionality? A problem with autism is that most autistic people arent smart, they just lack the emotionality, without the intellect to substitute it in any formel way.