Yali

Sadhguru undergoes emergency brain surgery after ‘life-threatening bleeding’

333 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Yali said:

Can it get worse than literally burning yourself alive with gasoline?

How bad it is is still relative to one's genetic nociception levels. Some people don't mind when their flesh is burning

1 hour ago, Yali said:

They've trained thousands of hours to enter a state of consciousness

Or a state of unconsciousness. That's more realistic, many meditators can do it but for one second maybe, the problem is with being able to reach oblivion on demand for long periods.

2 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Once, I had physical pain; nothing much but it was painful. I decided to test something. I detached from my body and looked at it like I was observing a tree or something. Like it wasn't mine

Here is the key to your equanimity. Try that pain x1000

Posted (edited)

If you think sadhguru's example is extreme. Then how about giving away your whole body to be crucified in service to humanity? Indeed thought provoking I would say.

On another note tho. I don't see why are everyone assuming the bleeding is caused by overworking. That was the last explaination that entered my mind. Better to wait a few days there will probably be more information of what actually happened. 

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

giving away your whole body to be crucified in service to humanity?

Highly doubtful he saw it that way. That's how you see it, after the fact, to suit yourself and some mythological construct invented by dogmatic humans.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I don't see why are everyone assuming the bleeding is caused by overworking.

Not caused, per se, but if you are feeling unwell and you keep pushing yourself and refuse to cancel events, that could compound the problem. At his age, rest in important.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Highly doubtful he saw it that way.

Haha, you got me there. 

But hey, what if he actually did that with having in mind that it is for the better of all? I mean it's possible. Let's not put that off the table. 

@Leo Gura

What do you think about this?

2 hours ago, Yali said:

Can it get worse than literally burning yourself alive with gasoline? I mean if it's possible for a monk to not flinch in a situation like that, then it does seem as though that monk has transcended suffering altogether. 

Just now, Salvijus said:

Haha, you got me there. 

But hey, what if he actually did that with having in mind that it is for the better of all? I mean it's possible. Let's not put that off the table. 

If I get run over by a bus, you guys can say I sacrificed my body in service to humanity.

@Yali Think for yourself.

@Leo Gura Idk what consciousness is capable of, that's why I'm asking you.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Yali said:

Idk what consciousness is capable of

Use your imagination. How would you feel if we slowly roasted you like a chicken?

This is not really so abstract or hypothetical.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If I get run over by a bus, you guys can say I sacrificed my body in service to humanity.

Lol. 

But you know... Millions of people have become inspired by Jesus to be of service when they saw what they saw. I doubt anyone would be inspired by you being run by a bus :D so maybe there was something more to it than simply being killed. 

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Salvijus said:

Millions of people have become inspired by Jesus to be of service when they saw what they saw.

Hardly anyone saw or knew who Jesus was. A handful of people at best. And they started a cult.

If you guys start a cult for me after I die, maybe I can rise to the level of Jesus. It's all on you ;)

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Hardly anyone saw or knew who Jesus was. A handful of people at best. And they started a cult.

I meant to say the story of Jesus. The legacy that he left. That whole demonstration of forgiveness and love and all that. That has strong impact and inspiration to be less ego centric on people even till this day. 

I doubt being run by a bus would have that impact. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

Of course you can question the whole story is not true even to begin with. But might be true. I just hope we can leave that possiblity on the table that's all. 

Edited by Salvijus

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I doubt being run by a bus would have that impact.

Of course you guys gotta play it up. Tell people how sweet and wonderful I was. How my farts smelled of roses. How my eyes sizzled with magic. How I healed some of you. How wet I made ya'll. Etc.

And that was no ordinary bus, that was a bus driven by the Devil himself.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Use your imagination. How would you feel if we slowly roasted you like a chicken?

@Leo Gura If I were in a radical state of consciousness that is fully grounded in the infinite self, then maybe I would be immune to that level of suffering (as some of these monks seem to be).

Edited by Yali

It's probably not even that important if the story is true or not. There are many similar examples of enlightened people who gave their life in service besides one Jew. Any one of those examples is enough to make my point. Which is... I can't even remember now 😅

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course you guys gotta play it up. Tell people how sweet and wonderful I was. How my farts smelled of roses. How my eyes sizzled with magic. How I healed some of you. How wet I made ya'll. Etc.

And that was no ordinary bus, that was a bus driven by the Devil himself.

Hmmm. Actually I agree here. Any story even if it's fake that speaks about surrendering ego-centerness for service-centerness would be inspiring. 

So... I don't know where I was going with this lol

6 minutes ago, Yali said:

@Leo Gura If I were in a radical state of consciousness that is fully grounded in the infinite self, then maybe I would be immune to that level of suffering (as some of these monks seem to be).

These monks are just flexing. Don't be one of those gigachads.

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus Unfortunately the age of the internet has ruined everything.

I will go down in history as a meme.

Edited by Leo Gura