Shane597

Career Path

7 posts in this topic

So, I read Leo's thoughts on college and I was thinking that I still should go because psychology and marketing, which are my majors provide useful information. I am 10 grand in debt and I may get a full ride scholorship by this fall, so college may only cost me 15 grand for a bachelor's degree or 20 at most. Plus, to go into a field of the work force that requires psychology requires you to get a degree. I may become a researcher psychologist or a therapist. I am just not quite sure. Also, I am the kind of person who has self discipline, but If the college route will work better in my case and then I will go this route. Also, in a lot of subjects I do need the help from proffesors or tutors. But then again it is possible for me to learn all this stuff on my own, but they want a certificate in a lot of job markets, which means nothing in a lot of cases. What are your guys thoughts?

Edited by Shane Roberts

College is a good thing in my opinion.  You need proof of degree to get the work you are looking for so it is good in that way, however everything in college can be self-taught.

Yeah, I am almost guaranteed a full ride too, due to so many scholorships I applied for. 

@Shane Roberts Read Leos latest insight.

Edit: oh wait, is that what you meant by "I read Leo's thoughts on college"?

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

I think one of the things you have to sit down and consider at least is what does Leo mean when he says the system isn't good. Being aware of those things will certainly help and then you can try to study the way you want to study on your own while trying to keep up with what is required by the school. My plan is studying in schools for now, but who knows if I will educate myself more on things to allow me to skip school and actually know what to do without it.